Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Nitro Ninja » 07 Dec 2015, 08:21

Hello, I am Nitro Ninja. :)
Nitro Ninja

Postby Bulat » 07 Dec 2015, 21:04

Hello. My name is Bulat. I translate SuperTuxKart game, and I had some problems with some letters. Who should I contact for help? Is there any available e-mail address?
Sorry for the mistake in the text, I translated from Russian into Google-translator.
Bulat

Postby eugeneloza » 08 Dec 2015, 08:35

arnebe, hi! Are you reading my mind??? I've been sketching an emotion recognition idea in-game recently. :)
eugeneloza

Postby bokononist » 08 Dec 2015, 13:07

Hey, I'm bokononist, I have been dabbling in game development for years but honestly never produced anything serious, just some random weekend stuff (like a simple hightmap generator, 2d space shooter and the like). Mostly I use python and pygame, but also used some java (hate it) on occasion. Generally i think up massive projects that have no chance in hell of ever being realized, start working on them, complete a component of the huge project (or not complete it), then give up or forget (or both in quick succession). My latest unrealizable fantasy is a pixel-art platform adventure inspired mostly by Another World and Flashback from the nineties, boy would that figment of my imagination be a nice game. oh, and not that this is important, but i really like lisp and would like to start using it. however, it looks like a colossal timesink so i'm not actively pursuing this :)

anyway, good to be here, and hello everybody
bokononist

Postby institution » 14 Dec 2015, 14:05

Hello, Institution from Poland here. I'm making libre version of Colonization (https://github.com/institution/cc94).
institution

Postby Julius » 14 Dec 2015, 16:57

Welcome and cool project! How is it different from FreeCol? http://www.freecol.org/
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby institution » 15 Dec 2015, 15:13

Julius {l Wrote}:Welcome and cool project! How is it different from FreeCol? http://www.freecol.org/

1. It's compatible with DOS Colonization graphics.
2. Some core rules are altered. For ex. ability to build 2 production buildings of the same type in one city.
3. Lower sysreq than FreeCol.

Also FreeCol is in playable beta and cc94 is unplayable early pre-pre-alfa ;) I intend to make a showcase thread when it become more complete.
institution

Postby psymin » 16 Dec 2015, 18:34

Howdy.

I'm registering here and posting here because I want to post to the Space Nerds In Space forum :)

This is my first post and my moderated post.

Uh. Games are neat. Linux is neat. Woo!
psymin

Postby Arthur » 17 Dec 2015, 13:15

psymin {l Wrote}:Uh. Games are neat. Linux is neat. Woo!

Good that you toe the party line. ;)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby KingaGamer » 21 Dec 2015, 20:23

Hello! Im a Kinga and I'm girl game developer.
I study graphics on polish-japanese university.
KingaGamer

Postby NickCloud » 22 Dec 2015, 14:59

Hi, I`m Nick & I`m from Russia, Moscow
NickCloud

Postby HamRadio » 24 Dec 2015, 15:31

I'm Elijah and I have been playing SuperTux for years now, even played the .3 beta for awhile, and have now been enjoying the .4 release. Thanks guys!
HamRadio

Postby jdc20181 » 26 Dec 2015, 19:05

Well I am Jeffrey, a vb.net learner from USA, I am looking to learn a few new things maybe another program language learn about gaming in programming terms.
jdc20181

Postby kevdude » 31 Dec 2015, 05:31

Hello Everyone,
I'm Kevin (kevdude), and I make mobile apps for android
kevdude

Postby Zapper » 05 Jan 2016, 22:02

Hey! I am David and have been developing on the same OpenSource game for quite some years now. Actually wanted to post a reply somewhere, but I guess since my first post will be delayed, I won't :)
Zapper

Postby Julius » 06 Jan 2016, 04:29

Better than lots of SPAM, trust me. Even with this check we still get loads of people posting advertisement spam which us moderators have to disapprove and remove all the time.

But as a clarification: you can do your first post anywhere and we can approve it anywhere. We just think doing it here is a nicer way to introduce yourself.
Julius
Community Moderator

Postby Dugglez » 06 Jan 2016, 07:46

Hi i'm Dugglez. i play video games at varied paces, slow and fast.

I like STK
Dugglez

Postby Zapper » 06 Jan 2016, 11:02

Julius {l Wrote}:Better than lots of SPAM, trust me. Even with this check we still get loads of people posting advertisement spam which us moderators have to disapprove and remove all the time.
But as a clarification: you can do your first post anywhere and we can approve it anywhere. We just think doing it here is a nicer way to introduce yourself.

Yes, I know the problem well *). That was by no means meant in a negative way - and I like the idea of the introduction thread :)

*) (We (in the OpenClonk forums) tried it with a custom game-related question to defeat spammers, which wasn't strong enough. Then we used a question that required you to play a tutorial, but that also wasn't very user-friendly for real people. But at least it stopped the spam. I am not sure what we have in place at the moment.)
Zapper

Postby zro7 » 08 Jan 2016, 05:51

Hi guys, we're a two man development team looking to improve our abilities through the feedback from this forum. Thank you for this opportunity.
zro7

Postby natasa33 » 12 Jan 2016, 12:16

Hey All my name is Natasa Cyrus, please welcome me to the community.
natasa33

Postby tzimasr » 12 Jan 2016, 19:30

Hi I m Rafael from Hellas and i want to help you.
I will try to find bugs and find programming solutions.
tzimasr

Postby Felps » 21 Jan 2016, 18:53

My (real) name is Daniel, I'm currently working at a factory, but have a bachelor's degree in game design and programming, and I'm here because I'm looking for a forum to talk about, and ask questions pertaining to the development of what will be an open source game engine I'm working on (it has a github repo (https://github.com/BionicFelps/Crunch), but at the time of this writing there is no code uploaded to it because I've just barely started writing it).

My abilities are all on the programming side, a friend and I are starting a company, and the way I decided to get started on the project without causing him any legal headaches was to develop the engine separately as an open source project, the license hasn't been decided yet, but I'm looking for something similar to GPL, that would require any modifications to the engine to be open source as well, however, I don't want to require game assets (such as scripts) to be under the same license, IE: even though I consider a game built on the engine to be a "derived work" I don't want to force that work to be GPL... Only if C++ native source code was modified do I want copy-left to apply.

The engine itself will handle some things, and give direct bindings to other libraries for other things, the idea is to use SFML, Box2D, and Angelscript to cobble something usable for rapid prototyping. Our immediate game design will be a 2D platformer so the engine is focused on that somewhat. I plan on having simple bindings for both traditional frame-based animation, and 2D-skeletal animation. I realize this project is similar to Torque2D under the MIT license, however, I found the Linux support lacking, and honestly just didn't like the looks of the code, the directory structure used in the repo is also quite confusing, with different entry points for different platforms rather than using pre-compiler directives. An interesting thing about my choice of libraries is that they all expose a fairly clean C++ interface, so I should be able to maintain a clean, object-oriented engine, I may later make a 3D version with bullet and I don't know, probably OGLPlus since SFML doesn't handle 3D assets.
Felps

Postby AmyRollTheAnimator » 27 Jan 2016, 03:03

Last edited by AmyRollTheAnimator on 03 Aug 2020, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
AmyRollTheAnimator

Postby beelzy » 02 Feb 2016, 19:09

My FOSS username is beelzy. I have been hacking a little bit of the OSX port of Krita and just found GodotEngine around Christmas last year. I haven't really made any big games yet, but I am working on something similar to Castlevania on GodotEngine. I draw on the side, but am completely useless at making music.
beelzy

Postby Estherfunworld » 06 Feb 2016, 04:36

Hello every one , I'm Esther Artist for illustration Anime/visual novel/Character
Estherfunworld