Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Vigonett » 23 Jan 2010, 08:45

Hi all, I am Helen. I am from USSR =) I make some translates and 3d models.
Vigonett

Postby AMDmi3 » 25 Jan 2010, 12:09

I'm Dmitry from Russia, I port F/OSS games to FreeBSD, making them available for one more OS and ensuring/improving their portability along the way. I also work on porting 1998 commercial windows game Vangers (it still has many fans in RU, but I'm not sure if it was that popular in other countries) to *nix (although I'm not really sure if we will be able to release it as a free software due to licensing problems, but we should be able to release it as a free-as-in-beer for at least Linux and FBSD), and I have have other contributions to F/OSS game world, including testing, patches and bugfixes, distfile mirroring, portability consulting and general support. I'm obviously a big fan of opensource games, watching many projects closely, and always searching for new ones to check out and make a port of. I'm also a big fan of FreeGamer, because even if I encounter something seemingly exclusive and new, it'll always appear on the blog in couple of days :)
AMDmi3

Postby Sindwiller » 25 Jan 2010, 19:13

Awesome, welcome aboard everyone :)
My gamedesign blawg!
<remaxim>well, it is called freegamedev... means you develop games for other people for free xD

.Net/Mono is a rabid beast cursed with M$-specific limitations and sh*t. XNA isn't much better. Remember that, kids.
Sindwiller

Postby BrainInAJar » 25 Jan 2010, 20:45

Greetings humans,

I am BrainInAJar.

I've helped out with the Blender Game Engine, Secret Maryo Chronicles, Krita and some other odds and sods.

All your planet are belong to us.
BrainInAJar

Postby ServalKatze » 26 Jan 2010, 23:32

Hi, I'm Serval and I'm from Germany. I mainly create unfinished games in Python.
ServalKatze

Postby PatriciusKlassenikos » 30 Jan 2010, 05:55

Hi, all

I am, as my ancientified name might tell, Patrick.
I live in Aldergrove(greater langley(greater vancouver)), BC.

I really love to play STK, and i wish i could help in some way, but maybe that's not possible.
Ideas are always free, though!
~~~Hic sunt Draconus~~~
PatriciusKlassenikos

Postby leadgolem » 30 Jan 2010, 06:11

Hello again everyone. I stop visiting for a little while and somebody went and redecorated. :)
leadgolem

Postby Dakal » 02 Feb 2010, 15:59

Hi everybody,

I'm Adrien from France.
I like to play with gimp, and i like to play STK too, it's a very nice project. ;)
Dakal

Postby mclaud2000 » 05 Feb 2010, 02:43

Hello everyone

I'm David from Venezuela, I recently started a project to release a Live DVD full of Free Software Games. The project is called Trisquel Gamer.
mclaud2000

Postby PatrickNiedzielski » 07 Feb 2010, 02:27

Hello all!

I'm Patrick Niedzielski, a Free Software enthusiast and hobbyist game developer. I have been programming for several years, and I enjoy teaching others and sharing any information that I can to help.

I run a small blog called freeSoftwareHacker();, to which I post regularly. If you like the posts, please subscribe!

I am also the lead (albeit only) developer of the Humm and Strumm video game. This is a Free Software 3D video game and engine that, when finished, will work on both Windows and GNU/Linux. If you are interested in helping, please email me; I'd love your help.

Cheers,
Patrick
freeSoftwareHacker();, a blog about Free Software, music, and law.

Humm and Strumm, a Free Software adventure game in psychedelic and humorous world.
PatrickNiedzielski

Postby Archwyrm » 12 Feb 2010, 05:57

Hail and well met. A moderated first post is a great way to get people to introduce themselves! I'll have to remember that. ;)

My name is Markus Martin, alias Archwyrm. I am the lead programmer over at DungeonHack, a FOSS RPG focusing on large, open-ended worlds and dynamic gameplay </plug>. I write FOSS games to atone for spending the daylight hours writing non-FOSS for which I receive large sums of Capitalistic Monetary Units. Generally, these CMUs go straight into my Beer fund (bonus points for imported). I love all things Linux (bonus points if they run in a terminal). Right now, I am happily living with Python, but C++ still stalks me like the crazy ex-girlfriend that she is.

That should be about it.
DungeonHack -- FOSS RPG focusing on large, open-ended worlds and dynamic gameplay.
Archwyrm

Postby VasVovec » 18 Feb 2010, 08:12

Hello. I'm VasVovec from the north of Russia. I'm interesting in GameDev since my studing in school. I think open source is a future of software.
VasVovec

Postby Bodsda » 18 Feb 2010, 08:21

Here comes Bod
Bodsda
OD Moderator

Postby silnarm » 26 Feb 2010, 04:35

Greeting all.

My name is James and I hail from Australia. I'm the de facto lead developer for the Glest Advanced Engine (not by choice). I've intermittently lurked for a fair while, following the progress of two projects in particular, and I thought it was about time I signed up and chimed in.
silnarm

Postby dusted » 27 Feb 2010, 04:48

I'm Jimmy, I'm a hit-and-run poster, makes me really hard to flame ;)
I'm mainly interested in retro-gaming and simple games. I've been known to be an angry old man.. So GET OFF MY LAWN, DAMN KIDS!
dusted

Postby Roots » 04 Mar 2010, 22:01

I'm Tyler. I started the FOSS RPG Hero of Allacrost back in 2004 and it has been featured on the freegamer blog a few times. I'm often hanging out in #freegamer (as Roots or RootsLINUX). I'm currently the lead programmer over at Allacrost and the game's story writer. I dabble in creating art for the game from time to time as well.
Roots

Postby TrinityReign » 06 Mar 2010, 03:53

Hey all,

I go by Easton, and i'm the Head of Development of Trinity Reign, an open source IMOW (Immersive Multiplayer Online World). We're a couple years into production, and we're always looking for devs to help us out, have some fun, and of course, to learn a lot along the way.

I'm going to post a second post with in-depth info on the project, but generally, you can check out our forums at http://forum.trinityreign.com/index.php and we're always on irc on irc.freenode.net channel #trinityreign. if you don't have a client we have a browser based client here: http://trinityreign.com/irc

Look forward to talking with you all!
TrinityReign

Postby PTSnoop » 10 Mar 2010, 03:24

Hi everyone. I'm PTSnoop. I've been working on an RTS for the Spring engine for a few months now, but once it's sufficiently complete I'll probably start making something RPG-ish for Syntensity.

For now, though, I'll probably just lurk around and watch the game development.
PTSnoop

Postby NeoStrider » 12 Mar 2010, 02:52

I am Daniel (A.K.A. NeoStrider), from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. I was brought here by Qubodup.
I've been into mobile open source gaming for some 5 years or so. Im developing a series of episodical FPS/RPG 3D games for mobile devices (mostly in C++ and SDL, but I've been also playing with OpenGL ES and J2ME+M3G).
All the code is there. Its just a matter of maturing the stuff and bringing in the artists and story authors. I've done a few stuff myself (http://angstron2.garage.maemo.org , ), but help is VERY welcome.
NeoStrider

Postby NeoStrider » 13 Mar 2010, 15:13

hummm...where to go now?
Im have a project I would like to invite people to write levels to. Where should I do it?
Or maybe ask for feedback on whats already done....
NeoStrider

Postby charlie » 13 Mar 2010, 15:25

NeoStrider: Project Showcase & Collaboration:
viewforum.php?f=22
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby NeoStrider » 13 Mar 2010, 22:53

Thanks Charlie!
Im still getting this "collaboration and communication" thing. Im used to be the lone wolf and now I see there is a whole world to discover.
Funny how one can still be so isolated and regularly research and post information on the internet...
NeoStrider

Postby charlie » 14 Mar 2010, 14:49

Hah that's actually why I started the Free Gamer blog back in '06. I noted that so many people/projects were working without much awareness of other similar projects, especially when there was huge overlap in goals, and that there was no real way to 'get at' open source games specifically. Lots of freeware or mixed sites (like happypenguin.org) so I started the blog and the rest is history.

Qubodup has been the driver of the community in recent years (although lots of help from many people esp ghoulsblade/hagish who host the forum) but we're definitely getting somewhere. Just need a happypenguin-esque resource for FOSS games and it'll be more-or-less complete (the Libregamewiki is great for reference but not so great for news / project updates).
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Helsman » 18 Mar 2010, 17:57

Hi all, I'm Helsman, from France (nantes)
Helsman

Postby Robin » 18 Mar 2010, 22:48

My name is Robin, and I am a Dutch master criminal (complete with ze vake French accente) posing as a young adult FOSS enthusiast, with a special interest in open source games.

I guess this is to prove I am not malicious. Really, what master criminal would be malicious? That's simply absurd.
Robin