Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Kanhelf » 29 May 2013, 16:34

Hi, I'm Kanhelf

I'm here because I like STK.
Kanhelf

Postby gustavfn » 04 Jun 2013, 20:45

Long time Linux user, not so long supertuxkart player. GE, INSEAD, Yale, etc.
gustavfn

Postby SilverNexus » 08 Jun 2013, 00:50

I'm SilverNexus. I am a developing computer programmer with a knack for various other areas (2D graphics, music, etc.). I have contributed some graphics and ideas to Crossfire (though all these graphics improvements have been after 1.70.0, the last stable release). And now I've wandered here, to another game I remember playing frequently in my youth (back in the TuxKart and early SuperTuxKart days).

Is it bad that this is my second post? ;)
SilverNexus

Postby fado_lusitano » 16 Jun 2013, 23:21

Hi all.
I've been addicted on red eclipse for a month or so by now. I've played using yetanother and besugo.
I'm from Portugal.
I'm a computer science student, pretty noob in the whole developing software or projects thingy. I would like to support the whole gnu/linux gig and red eclipse seems to be a great project to start learning how to fit myself in the open-sorce community.
The skills i have atm is c/c++ and java. I've dabbled with lua, Gimp, blender and audacity (among others), but i'm still too dumb in using it, in that perspective google does pretty much all my work.

If i had to descript my situation as a programmer, i'm in that part, where i still use gedit/kate to write, and am trying to decide between vi or emacs.
Cheers
fado_lusitano

Postby music4 » 20 Jun 2013, 15:54

Hello everyone. my name is stefano

I'm a composer and sound designer.
I have experience in writing music for videogames, film app and more. I am currently composing the score for a game of Nintendo 3DS, and the music for an Italian short film.

I'd like to cooperate with you. I'm ready to write various kinds of music.

This is my page, here you can hear some of my work. good listening

http://music4cinema.jimdo.com/

for any info email at stefanoma87@gmail.com
music4

Postby kidx » 21 Jun 2013, 12:22

Hello i am new here and looking for server config and server help right now i wanna make my server xtreme lots blood and 1 hit dead and take out the crappy weapons.Also would like to get a cfg to load.
kidx

Postby PlanetKiller » 30 Jun 2013, 22:31

I am the PlanetKiller, destroyer of worlds, crusher of evil, lover of the cute and furry. I use the Blender game engine and I am currently working on an open-source brawler (with both single player and co-op modes using joysticks). I'm also a bit of a jack-of-all-trades when it comes to game creation.
PlanetKiller

Postby jcantero » 01 Jul 2013, 18:39

Hi, jcantero here. Long time open source advocator, now also interested in (graphics and) game programming. So i am here :-)

I'm from Spain, and I'd like to apologize in advance for any mistreatment of the English language. :-/
jcantero

Postby charlie » 02 Jul 2013, 11:23

jcantero {l Wrote}:I'm from Spain, and I'd like to apologize in advance for any mistreatment of the English language. :-/

Indeed, us natural English speakers abuse it enough already! It has suffered enough! :lol:
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Brazen » 05 Jul 2013, 18:09

Hello, I'm brazen(real name Dylan) and I decided to join these forums in hope of contributing in general and improving my skills, In particularly my programming skills. I've been studying most aspects of game development in my free time and have acquired some skill in audio creation,3d modeling and programming.

hehe, I may slaughter the English language from time to time as well :cry: .
-best regards, Brazen.
Brazen

Postby Hapiel » 09 Jul 2013, 06:43

Hi guys,
My name is Hapiel and I am a pixel artist. Check out my portfolio if you like ;)

At the moment I am working on a free platformer tiles project called the Open Pixel Platformer. I came here to see if it is possible to turn it into an actual game!
Hapiel

Postby devnewton » 10 Jul 2013, 10:54

Hapiel {l Wrote}:Hi guys,
My name is Hapiel and I am a pixel artist. Check out my portfolio if you like ;)

At the moment I am working on a free platformer tiles project called the Open Pixel Platformer. I came here to see if it is possible to turn it into an actual game!

Very good project! What is the goal? Create a game or an opengameart.org alternative?
devnewton

Postby charlie » 10 Jul 2013, 12:30

devnewton {l Wrote}:Very good project! What is the goal? Create a game or an opengameart.org alternative?

Looks more like creating a 'collcetion' like e.g. the LPC.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby Chachii » 15 Jul 2013, 03:19

Hello, I'm Chachii, and I'm somewhat of a YouTuber, and I'm mostly looking for games to check out and help get out there as well as my channel. This is probably where I will post my first game once it is in in the demo release, but I'm still a good ways away from that. I know a few programming languages, and I'm self taught so progress is iffy.
Chachii

Postby puluche » 16 Jul 2013, 13:03

Hi,

I'm puluche from Marseille.

I'm a computer science ingeneer and I've been developing a lot on Game Maker as a hobby those past years, which allows to do a lot of things, 2D, 3D, physics, but with a shitty interface. ^^

I'm very interested in this STK project, and I'm about to post about my claims as a homemade game designer AND as a console gamer !
puluche

Postby silverback » 18 Jul 2013, 05:26

I'm jerry or silverback, I play around with gamedev as a hobby. I have just started an opensource project to improve the construct classic development too for windows.
silverback

Postby Mouxon » 19 Jul 2013, 20:52

Hi, I am Guillaume.

I live in Paris.
I would like to contribute to OpenDungeons or other projects.

I made 2 small games at school with ogre, cegui and bullet
A demo is available on youtube :

Kapla game : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1XANlDPVlU
Spacial game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLbahhZtpXw
Mouxon

Postby Lolkat » 23 Jul 2013, 04:43

Im Lolkat. i enjoy playing super tux.
Lolkat

Postby Valknor » 31 Jul 2013, 18:46

Hello, my name is Chris.
I signed up for the forums in the hopes of finding some open source video game projects to contribute to with my Web Development skills. Video Gaming is one of my passions in life, and I'd love to make video game sites for a living.

The closest thing I've done so far to a video game site, was a fan site dedicated to the SNES game Star Fox: http://chrisshilts.com/starfox/
If you like comics, check out the ones Nintendo Power released to promote the game, they are awesome.
Valknor

Postby doctorcool » 31 Jul 2013, 21:00

Sup, I'm Drew. From NY
doctorcool

Postby sebastian.wenzel » 15 Aug 2013, 17:38

Hello,

I'm Sebastian from Germany and I'm especially interested in board games.

Greetings
Sebastian
sebastian.wenzel

Postby chaosesqueteam » 17 Aug 2013, 20:21

Hi. I released my opensource/free mod of Xonotic: chaos-esque anthology. It has more weapons, maps, mutators, vehicles, and all that stuff. It is on sourceforge: /projects/chaosesqueanthology/
chaosesqueteam

Postby FutureSuture » 19 Aug 2013, 21:40

I am FutureSuture and I should have probably introduced myself here first as I submitted a thread by accident without completing the opening post! My apologies to the mods. Please excuse my incompetence!
FutureSuture

Postby luiboy20 » 26 Aug 2013, 05:18

yo, names luiboy20.
just trying to get validated so i can get on and ask a question about red eclipse
luiboy20

Postby FanofSMBX » 28 Aug 2013, 20:18

Hello guys, I am FanofSMBX.
I played SuperTux Milestone 1 from Caiman Free Games 3 years ago when I was 11.
FanofSMBX