Introduce yourself

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby charlie » 09 Aug 2012, 12:27

Moved dusted's post to the appropriate thread where JimmehUK had already posted about his services in Arts & Assets.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3349
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby mmwaveguy » 11 Aug 2012, 05:41

I am mmwaveguy looking for support with supertuxkart.
mmwaveguy

Postby gouessej » 13 Aug 2012, 18:38

Hi

My name is Julien. I started programming (BASIC) at 5 years old. I have used GNU Linux since 2002. I'm an engineer in computer science and the creator of TUER, a small free open source ( :gpl: ) first person shooter written in Java, OpenGL (JOGL) and OpenAL (JOAL). I'm a political activist and I actively support the Free Movement. I participated to demonstrations against ACTA, HADOPI, LOPPSI, ... I'm here to speak about free open source gaming. I hate DRM. I like SuperTuxKart and SuperTux.
Julien Gouesse | Personal blog | Website
gouessej

Postby Thkid » 20 Aug 2012, 08:35

Hi there , I'm Thkid (Mamy real name) :
I'm from madagascar , I'm software, mobile,.... developper; everything that can be developped and can pay the bills lol.
Thkid

Postby 0zone0ne » 26 Aug 2012, 03:26

Hullo gentlemen.

I am 0zone0ne, I make art and music. I am 13 years old, living in New Zealand.
I came here to contribute to SuperTuxKart.
0zone0ne

Postby [twnturbo] » 26 Aug 2012, 17:08

Hi, I am [twnturbo] and I am a normal Red Eclipse player. I am an amateur map-maker, but I plan on becoming better through experience. :)
"Try to catch up, hombre--¡vete, VETE!"
[twnturbo]

Postby Karoushi » 27 Aug 2012, 15:59

Hello all, karoushi here. Going to start making maps for my RE server and I will be posting them on the RE maps forums. Come check it out and stop by the madhouse or sanctum (My RE Servers)!
Karoushi

Postby titanicpiano14 » 05 Sep 2012, 22:51

I'm Sam, a huge fan of the Myst games and adventure game in general.
titanicpiano14

Postby Coeur Noir » 06 Sep 2012, 11:33

Coeur Noir just a simple STK player on ubuntu... and some other activities linked with digital cinema.
Coeur Noir

Postby SKY » 08 Sep 2012, 00:56

I am SKY I love playing free video games and I'm now starting to learn programming.
SKY

Postby Bifitc » 09 Sep 2012, 16:10

Hi Everyone. I'm Bifitc. I like to read these forums, but only now I decided to register.
Bifitc

Postby Miek » 13 Sep 2012, 14:52

Hi all,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I created this account to give some feedback for Lips of Suna because I believe it has a lot of potential but it also has some major flaws.
Miek

Postby qubodup » 14 Sep 2012, 23:13

Frojo {l Wrote}:open source software can be sold.

"Free" as in "Free Software" as in "Free as in Freedom"... There's an article explaining the problem http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gratis_versus_libre (other languages available)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Barsook » 19 Sep 2012, 00:36

Hi, I'm Barsook (real name Svetlana) and I'm from Ohio, USA. I'm known to have crazy ideas for new freatures for games and this time I have one for SuperTuxKart. Hopefully, I will try to get more involved into the project as time passes by.
Barsook

Postby Crone123 » 19 Sep 2012, 10:58

Hello,
I'm Crone123, my real name is Valentin, I have 16 years old.
I'm French, and I love Linux and Open Source Project.
Actually Red Eclipse is my favorite FPS Game, but I like also Nexuiz/Xonotic and in other type of game: Warzone 2100, 0ad, Super Tux, Teeworld, Hedgewars, etc...
I develop a website and a free RPG in C++, but is actualy an Alpha not released.
Crone123

Postby Landman » 20 Sep 2012, 21:01

Hey all!

My name is Chris. Online I'm know as Landman. I am an interactive media designer and game designer. I'm obsessed with art, design, gaming and web dev. My first game I started working is called Robolegs. Which is a Mech FPS.
Landman

Postby Nushio » 21 Sep 2012, 17:52

Hey there,

My name's Juan Rodriguez, but I'm known as Nushio around the internets. I just found out about this place thanks to BartK. I participated on the Liberated Pixel Cup contest, with "Unsealed: Whispers of Wisdom", a game that parodies Open Source vs Apple.

The game is in active development, though I admit that development has been pretty slow this past month, due to dedicating most of my time writing about the other LPCs games in my blog and writing about the contest on opensource.com
Check out Unsealed: Whispers of Wisdom, an ActionRPG about Open Sourcerers against Privative Wizards.
Nushio

Postby Undertaker » 25 Sep 2012, 08:15

Hi,

I'm from Michigan, 41 years old father of 3. Love working with graphics, designed the Alien Arena logos, last two, MBAM icon and other program icons, created quite a few Duck Duck Go logos (got repetitive) and many other site banners, logos and icons. Gamed on nearly every system over the years, finally stuck with PC as of several years back, some of my favourites are Quake type games and remain so which is what drew me in to this game, that and I got tired of Windows so began using Linux again, and found this on the net as a great free game.

Pretty much all there is, I'm a noob at the game but hope to have a real match soon.
Undertaker

Postby devnewton » 25 Sep 2012, 16:34

Hi,

I'm devnewton, author of some free softwares, most of my work is related to my main project, Newton Adventure, a 2d physical 360° platformer, but I occasionaly contribute to other projects.
devnewton

Postby semiletov » 27 Sep 2012, 14:19

Hi, I'm Peter Semiletov, the developer of TEA text editor and EKO sound editor and some other Free and public domain software. Some time ago I've decided to do that I want for years - to make my own games. The first try was the animal-rights-themed, public domain Yourik the Intergalactic Rabbit that I wrote using C++/Qt. I've created all images and music for myself, and voices were been recorded with a help of friends. Now I'm working one the "Yourik 2", it will be multiplatform C++/SDL side-scroller shooter with parallax. I am big fan of old DOS, NES and SEGA Genesis games, also old RPG's like Fallout 1/2, Baldur's Gate, Quest For Glory, etc. Actually, I have NES and Genesis Chinese clones so I'm playing "in hardware". Preffered genre - platformer.
Some of my public domain music (yes, I give all my music to the public domain) is used in FOSS games.
semiletov

Postby KroArtem » 27 Sep 2012, 16:47

Nice to see more people from Russia/Ukraine! :)
KroArtem

Postby CA99 » 28 Sep 2012, 20:38

Sam from MI here. I grew up on Mario Kart but never picked up SuperTuxKart until recently. I'm planning to work on that in my free time and get familiar with the project. I'm on my last year of college and getting a degree in IT. I can work with images, 3D models, have rudimentary programming skills, and have done a variety of other things on computers. Raised on Windows, been learning Linux (as is necessary for my major anyway).

Aside from SuperTuxKart, I've barely been involved in a project called OpenParkDeveloper (So far I contributed mostly talk and one low poly 3D model that I don't even know whether its being used), a project slightly inspired by the Roller Coaster Tycoon series and NoLimits Coaster simulator. I also had plans/ideas for developing my own project in Unreal Development Kit (and using it to learn more on modeling/game art, game design, etc.). In short, I'm way too ambitious for my own good, and want to learn and create far more than I currently have the time for. (The same problem is true with work I've done in NoLimits Coaster simulator; I have a lot of unfinished projects in there and these are way, way simpler than building an entire game.)
CA99

Postby Arthur » 29 Sep 2012, 14:08

Welcome Sam! :)

I recommend heading over to the SuperTuxKart website if you haven't done so already, as it contains a lot of info useful for anyone wanting to contribute (or otherwise just learn about the project). If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in any way you feel comfortable with: our project forums, generously hosted by FreeGameDev, our IRC channel (#stk at FreeNode) or our mailing list (supertuxkart-devel_at_lists.sourceforge.net).
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby nap » 29 Sep 2012, 17:31

Hello everybody, i played for redeclispe for few weaks and i like this game, i'd like to make some mods for it, i will read this forum and hope i will make mods.
Once upon a time i created good mode for fallout 3 http://fallout3.nexusmods.com/mods/3661
nap

Postby CA99 » 29 Sep 2012, 19:08

Thanks. I've been lurking around and have read some of the pages. Found some good information on modeling that I never did when learning to model for UDK. For the most part, I'll probably just lurk more until I gather enough to get started.

Problem is, all my (limited) skillset rests in 3DS Max and Adobe's products. I've been lacking the motivation to go open source as well.

In any case, most of my time will be freed up after this semester ends, so I should be able to dig in easily by then.
CA99