My Collection of Fixed-up Tracks

My Collection of Fixed-up Tracks

Postby Worldblender » 30 Apr 2017, 23:37

I'm finally back, this time to show how well I can export a track! The first time around, it took me some learning to do. But now, I think I feel more confident to tackle more tracks on my own.

A conversion of a track that appeared in older SuperTuxKart versions, up to 0.5, and looks like this, from the top:
Released tracks:
flattrack.7z
Source file(s), and the exported track.
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 24 times

More tracks (especially from the add-ons sites) will be brought up-to-date with 0.9.x features.
Worldblender

Re: My Collection of Fixed-up Tracks

Postby Worldblender » 21 May 2017, 03:48

I have altered my format so that this post will serve as a central place for where I share my modifications of existing tracks, as I don't feel ready to submit my changes to the add-ons site yet.
Worldblender

Postby Ludsky » 21 May 2017, 09:48

It's good job :)
Ludsky

Postby QwertyChouskie » 24 May 2017, 02:38

Just tried it, it seems good, two things though:

1. There is no sun, which means no shadows, etc.;
2. There is nothing in the surrounding environment, so it feels like you are on a floating platform in the sky.

Point 1 should be easy to fix, and I would recommend uploading it to add-ons after that. Point 2 will probably be harder to fix and fixing it may or may not happen, so don't hold off uploading to add-ons because you have not fixed point 2.
QwertyChouskie

Postby QwertyChouskie » 24 May 2017, 02:40

Oh,

3. The screenshot is a top-down and should be made like the other official screenshots (preferably before uploading to add-ons).
QwertyChouskie

Postby samuncle » 24 May 2017, 20:34

Hi, it's cool to see older tracks to be converted :). I recommend you to take the time to learn how the new engine works and you can add some cool effects (like real time shadows, lighting, etc).

You can also use pre made objects that are shipped with the game to add more cool details!

Happy blending!
samuncle
STK Moderator