New STK property Browser

Re: New STK property Browser

Postby asciimonster » 03 May 2011, 22:31

Auria, I'm hereby passing the development of the property browser back to you.

I just can not get used to the new Blender API. It's really driving me around the bend (you must have read my posts at blenderartists.org) and I feel this frustration is preventing me from continuing. I hope my decision to back out is not too much of an inconvenience for you.

Thank you for letting me work on the property browser all this time any hopefully I can be useful in other area's of this project.
asciimonster

Postby Auria » 03 May 2011, 23:46

asciimonster {l Wrote}:Auria, I'm hereby passing the development of the property browser back to you.

I just can not get used to the new Blender API. It's really driving me around the bend (you must have read my posts at blenderartists.org) and I feel this frustration is preventing me from continuing. I hope my decision to back out is not too much of an inconvenience for you.

Thank you for letting me work on the property browser all this time any hopefully I can be useful in other area's of this project.

ok :( thanks for the work you have done so far
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Auria » 07 May 2011, 22:25

Hi everyone,

I have started back work on the STK browser. My work so far has been on merging Asciimonster's panel and mine, and I have been working on refactoring the whole thing to use classes and named parameters, this makes the data model easier to follow.

Asciimonster, looking at your code I think I know why you were having so much trouble :( I see you missed an important feature : you can add scene-wide ID-properties, as well as per-texture ID properties. I see you have been trying to use fake objects to add global properties, which makes your life a LOT more complicated; if we just add the properties to the scene or to the textures it's much simpler (and this is the way I will be going)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Auria » 08 May 2011, 23:36

Small status update : I now have the panels almost completely functional :D
Attachments
track.png
object.png
object.png (23.55 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
material.png
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 09 May 2011, 00:46

asciimonster {l Wrote}:Auria, I'm hereby passing the development of the property browser back to you.

Asciimonster, it's a pity that you have to drop out :( You really made a huge difference in the tools we can offer for developers!

Thanks a lot (and if you ever should feel itchy again, please help us out again :) )

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Funto » 10 May 2011, 20:01

That looks awesome Auria :)

I will have a look at your code for trying to setup my own game production pipeline hehe :)
Funto