Suggestions for Avoiding Problems for STK Folders and Dirs.

Postby tuxkartdriver » 13 Feb 2015, 03:40

-
Last edited by tuxkartdriver on 08 Jan 2016, 21:45, edited 2 times in total.
tuxkartdriver

Re: Suggestions for Avoiding Problems for STK Folders and Di

Postby hiker » 13 Feb 2015, 05:36

tuxkartdriver {l Wrote}:
Correct me if I am wrong: Does your Intel HD 3000 use OplenGl 3.0 or even OpenGl 3.1? If yes, I would like to know if the fact I use OpenGL 4, could have a great difference between them?

By the way, I just played Cocoa Temple just right now with level 5!!! The showed stdout code is:

OK,. that's a crash. I think it might be faster if you start with level 1 and see that it works. Then go to the graphical details, and add advanced pipeline, test, shadows, test, high def textures, test, compression, test ... then the other ones. I'd suspect the options I have listed as the most likely culprit.

As soon as you've found one option that causes a crash verify it again by disabling all options except advanced pipeline and the one you have identified, and check if it still crashes.

Let us know how you go.

It might be more than one option - so even if you have identified one that's causing the crash, keep on adding more options (except the one that's causing the crash of course), and see if you can find more options triggering a crash (feel free to bisect - adding half the options, ...). Ideally you will end with all options enabled except one or two .. :)

We will then see if we can fix stk to handle those options on hd4000, or if we just disable them for now.

Thanks!
Joerg
hiker

Postby deve » 13 Feb 2015, 09:56

@tuxkartdriver

I compared our laptops because you seemd to say that your laptop is good bacause you paid so much for it

tuxkartdriver {l Wrote}:Sam, I disagee with you! I have a Sony Vaio notebook that is more than US$ 2000,00, neither all people can afford one of these! And you come to tell me, that its is "Low End", just to justify the problems that you and the others don´t know how to solve! You must be kidding!

I just said that I bought something slightly better (with two graphics cards) and I paid 3x less for it. Though I understand that it looks different in different countries.

tuxkartdriver {l Wrote}:I have read a lot of reports about HD 4000 and about your Gforce model, and they have very similar performance!

Using nvidia on my computer I usually have about 2x more fps than using intel. And it has better opengl support. But yes, it's not high-end too :(

Sorry for " Mine Is Better Than Yours " childish despute.
deve

Postby tuxkartdriver » 14 Feb 2015, 15:51

-
Last edited by tuxkartdriver on 08 Jan 2016, 21:45, edited 2 times in total.
tuxkartdriver

Postby tuxkartdriver » 14 Feb 2015, 15:54

-
Last edited by tuxkartdriver on 08 Jan 2016, 21:46, edited 2 times in total.
tuxkartdriver

Postby hiker » 16 Feb 2015, 02:48

tuxkartdriver {l Wrote}:Hi :)

hiker wrote: OK,. that's a crash. I think it might be faster if you start with level 1 and see that it works. Then go to the graphical details, and add advanced pipeline, test, shadows, test, high def textures, test, compression, test ... then the other ones. I'd suspect the options I have listed as the most likely culprit.

As soon as you've found one option that causes a crash verify it again by disabling all options except advanced pipeline and the one you have identified, and check if it still crashes.

hiker, I have already begun doing all these tests, but, I still don´t have an precise answer about what is crashing, I tried to make a screen capture, but I even had time to press the PrintScreen Key on my keyboard, because it fastly crashed! :x

We don't need screenshots - if the results are obviously wrong (black, missing texture, crash) - don't bother with reporting details for now.

But, I am trying to figure it out, if this crashes, when I combine the the graphical options with "high shadows" together with anisotropic 16x! Or, if the crash happens, when I combine other options with anisotropic 16x.

Very likely the reason are the shadows. What about you first disable shadows completely, then try enabling the other options, and see if this is more stable. It could just be that a higher anisotropic triggers the bug quicker(?) From experience shadows tend to be an issue with intel drivers.

If you can run everything else without the shadows, then you can verify by re-enabling the shadows.

It seems to me, that these "shadow textures" are no more necessary, isn´t it? I could observe that, when my kart became completely black - as the example, I mentioned above - and together the kart, was shown a "black plane" under it! Then, I remembered the old static "shadow texture", used by all the karts to create a "shadow effect" under them! :)

Apparently they are still useful (e.g. when being in a shadow of a building, to make it even darker).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker