New Track: City lights

Re: New Track: City lights

Postby tempAnon093 » 30 Mar 2021, 04:17

Thanks for that, I didn't realize how much difference the lighting made. :) (Possible bug: fog seems to ignore skybox)

Here is an updated version of Wolfs's track for 0.93 onwards. Consider it a beta update since I made it very quickly. (My changes are CC0)
Addon Track with Blender file (upload expires May 1): disroot.org

Changes that I remember:
- Added lighting and fog as suggested by QwertyChouskie (in Blender).
- Removed baked lightmaps, enabled lights as STK in-game objects, decreased intensity of intersection overhead light.
- Adjusted shaders (skyscrapers and other light-emitting objects as unlit, environment as lit).
- Flipped some normals facing the wrong way, fixed a couple of textureless faces.
- Some zippers had the middle one slightly underground, manually adjusted that vertex. Made zipper flip on reverse.
- Made Tux sign animation cyclic.

To-do:
- Trees are hard to see, might add lighting in the park.
- Are traffic lights too intense?
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby eltomito » 01 Apr 2021, 23:06

I have a suggestion that the arrows above the barriers should be more visible. I play on the lowest gfx settings and you can't really see the arrows until you almost hit the barrier.
eltomito

Postby fracture » 18 Apr 2021, 17:23

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:Here is an updated version of Wolfs's track for 0.93 onwards. Consider it a beta update since I made it very quickly. (My changes are CC0)
Addon Track with Blender file (upload expires May 1): disroot.org

I'm obviously late here. While you and Wolfs did a good job making a few improvements (better lightning to make it look like it's actually night time), and I like the new music a lot (though the old music was still good), you should focus on actually improving the graphics. Some of the track (the park) still looks very broken and the road is not smooth at all. The biggest problem is the turn right after the bridge with the speed boosts, since it is so sharp, players will end up crashing, and the AI always crashes there. I assume you've already thought to do that.
fracture