Track Version 2?

Track Version 2?

Postby downer » 14 Mar 2010, 20:53

I noticed in the SVN that the minimum track version has changed. How would I set up a track for Version 2 differently than Version 1?

Also, I tried to follow the steps in the Wiki for setting up a track, and even looked at a few .blend files, but STK crashes when I try and load a simple map that I made. I'm new to Blender and unsure how everything works. Could someone take a look at the attached .blend file please? :?

I'm anxious to get back to work on my other map!
At most it will probably only be an add on, it still needs a lot of time and work, and I'll post a separate thread later for feedback once I get it working! :)
Attachments
untitled.zip
Example map
(857.71 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
"...curiosity saved the mouse." -Deceth
downer

Re: Track Version 2?

Postby downer » 14 Mar 2010, 22:37

Seems I missed this message about the SVN a couple of days ago... :oops:
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=245

Would the new Version 2 track exporter help, or did I miss something in my example .blend file?
downer

Postby hiker » 15 Mar 2010, 02:12

downer {l Wrote}:Seems I missed this message about the SVN a couple of days ago... :oops:
http://forum.freegamedev.net/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=245

;)
Would the new Version 2 track exporter help, or did I miss something in my example .blend file?

I am still working on the track exporter, and it might be another day or two before it is ready to be used. Hope you can wait that long.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby downer » 15 Mar 2010, 04:39

No problem, I've quite a lot to learn about Blender in the mean time! :)
downer

Postby hiker » 22 Mar 2010, 11:46

Hi,

the track exporter in svn is reasonable stable by now - so if you are using the svn version of stk feel free to use it. There are no changes from a modeling point of view, only the output format was changed. We are not sure when we are going to release another alpha version.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby asciimonster » 22 Mar 2010, 14:06

downer {l Wrote}:No problem, I've quite a lot to learn about Blender in the mean time! :)

Remember: the Blender learning curve is steep, but there is a large reward at the end! :)

Hiker:
Usine the SVN version is nice, as long as I can compile it (I can't locate ./configure). Is there a howto somewhere?
P.S. we need a second alpha soon :|
asciimonster

Postby Arthur » 22 Mar 2010, 16:15

asciimonster: you have to run "sh autogen.sh" in order to generate the configure script.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur