Track and kart Ideas

Re: Track Ideas

Postby Binky » 12 Jul 2012, 18:08

A circuit-board track could be interesting - perhaps with some parts of the track made out of ribbon cables?
OpenPandora obsessive - You do want a pocket sized Linux PC with gaming controls, don't you?
Full root access out of the box - Full qwerty keyboard - Full battery lasts 15 hours of real work!
Binky

Postby betharatux1 » 13 Jul 2012, 00:39

the " mountain waterfall " track, where each side road possible to see around, each waterfall with a lot hill + waterfall on each ( i mean watercourse from top hill into down land again and again). :cool: :heart: :twisted:
don't forget the rainbow :heart:
"Just jumping and somersault on spring bed at mall, then great ideas come" Image
betharatux1

Postby Binky » 13 Jul 2012, 10:32

Scalextric track with slot cars going around in the slots as well as user/AI controlled cars - as a a kind of hazzard?
OpenPandora obsessive - You do want a pocket sized Linux PC with gaming controls, don't you?
Full root access out of the box - Full qwerty keyboard - Full battery lasts 15 hours of real work!
Binky

Postby Kendo14 » 13 Jul 2012, 16:31

Hi, I'm new here. I thought I'd share some of my ideas here.

-Arabian Night: A nighttime track taking place in an arabian Bazaar at night, with elements similar to Disney's Aladdin film, with palaces, stone buildings and magic carpets. STK needs a few more nighttime tracks. Arabian Night could also be a battle arena around a Sultan's palace.

-Candyland: A colourful track with lots of candy decorations and Candy Floss for clouds. :)
STK fan since 2009
Kendo14

Postby mollah » 27 Jul 2012, 13:17

What about a track with geysers? Iceland, Yellowstone? Maybe difficult making a good animation...
mollah

Postby LordW » 27 Jul 2012, 20:40

(sorry for my poor english^^)

Suzanne's cinema

A track set in a cinema or an "Academy Awards parody event", with red carpet, posters of films (the blender foundation posters of their films can be useful, with another parodies of well-known films with the characters of STK, e.g: Mozilla's park(Jurassic park)), an hall of fame of Blender foundation characters(Suzanne, Emo, Crog, BBB, Sintel and maybe some Mango character), popcorn machines, and others things commons in the cinemas.
LordW

Postby Chumbalumba » 17 Aug 2012, 16:45

Race with various loopings.
Chumbalumba

Postby xeno74 » 22 Sep 2012, 18:30

A track of India ;)

For example through Mumbai or Delhi.
xeno74

Postby Barsook » 22 Sep 2012, 19:07

A track of Moscow, Russia. Maybe around the Red Square?
Barsook

Postby Binky » 24 Sep 2012, 22:08

'Sketch' track, with slightly feathered lines and shaded/crosshatched faces,as if drawn with a pencil
Using doodles and artist's equipment as obstacles
Binky

Postby 0zone0ne » 25 Sep 2012, 06:33

Here are some of my ideas:

-Track in a sewer, with lots of twists and turns. Some areas would be well lit, while others would be almost pitch-black. The track would be pipe-shaped most of time, with green toxic sludge at the bottom of the pipe, which could slow the kart down, or maybe cause it to be reset.

-Majestic track in the sky, with floating islands and castles which could be driven through. There would be huge jumps and sections of the track would be floating on top of clouds. If I had the skills, I would definitely make this track myself.

-Track on a tropical beach, similar the The Island track. There could be a cave near the end that goes through a cavern with lava beneath the track. Right before the finish line there would be an epic jump over a wrecked pirate ship on the beach.

I would be happy to draw some concept art and layouts of the tracks if anyone is interested in making them. ;)
0zone0ne

Postby Binky » 25 Sep 2012, 21:57

^ likes :)
Binky

Postby asciimonster » 26 Sep 2012, 08:42

0zone0ne {l Wrote}:-Majestic track in the sky, with floating islands and castles which could be driven through. There would be huge jumps and sections of the track would be floating on top of clouds. If I had the skills, I would definitely make this track myself.
What ever happened to the "High in the Sky"-track? I really liked racing below a zeppelin.
asciimonster

Postby TheK79 » 01 Oct 2012, 19:37

Barsook {l Wrote}:A track of Moscow, Russia. Maybe around the Red Square?

Including the legendary Moscow road traffic? ;)

Another idea: Some big oval, where you need to use the slipstream to overtake.
TheK79

Postby Barsook » 01 Oct 2012, 22:15

TheK79 {l Wrote}:
Barsook {l Wrote}:A track of Moscow, Russia. Maybe around the Red Square?

Including the legendary Moscow road traffic? ;)

Sure, why not.
Barsook

Postby Hero » 13 Oct 2012, 21:31

Overworld like track maybe. It would make sense having the mushroom village as another playable level. Then you would have the similar version to select challenges.

Could you make it possible to make 1 lap only tracks? Be nice.
Keep your mouth closed while chewing your food! That's ALL I hear.

For more game forums go to opengameforums.zxq.net and register today!
Hero

Postby sea shell » 13 Oct 2012, 23:15

Luvland, a track full of hearts, cats and rolling candies (I'm not the only one who loves candies :P).
Rollercoaster, (may be acrobatic?).
Jungle, with Crash Bandicot-like foes.
Night time city with a great skyline.
Carnival, Pirate ship
sea shell

Postby Barsook » 14 Oct 2012, 00:17

Hero {l Wrote}:Could you make it possible to make 1 lap only tracks? Be nice.

+1, true ones
Barsook

Postby ctdabomb » 14 Oct 2012, 00:49

Hero {l Wrote}:Could you make it possible to make 1 lap only tracks? Be nice.

I don't get what you mean. you can just race a track one lap only.
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby Arthur » 14 Oct 2012, 01:00

I think he means non-lap based races. So instead of a circuit, you just race from one end to the other.

As I understand it, allowing this is not trivial and requires substantial changes in the driveline format, so unless someone makes a track that needs this rather quickly I assume it will take a while to realize.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby Hero » 14 Oct 2012, 02:59

Checked off my "Potential Hopes" list.

Another one would be proper drive-lines for xr691.

Hero

Postby Arthur » 14 Oct 2012, 03:09

There's still hope, I'm just saying it might be a couple releases before it happens. Also many such non-essential features are made based on actual need, i.e. if a track designer has a track that could take advantage of it the programmers are more likely to get to that feature sooner rather than later. Right now, it's probably a feature that's in the "later rather than sooner based on need" category.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby Hero » 14 Oct 2012, 14:14

That's what I thought... and I hold no grudge. Why would I? You have wonderful game already!

Hero

Postby Barsook » 14 Oct 2012, 14:53

Hero {l Wrote}:Checked off my "Potential Hopes" list.

You could just work with someone and make a new game with just downhill (non-lap) tracks. See this topic for an idea: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3544 (I know that I need to reply to that one still)
Barsook

Postby hiker » 14 Oct 2012, 23:17

Arthur {l Wrote}:I think he means non-lap based races. So instead of a circuit, you just race from one end to the other.

As I understand it, allowing this is not trivial and requires substantial changes in the driveline format, so unless someone makes a track that needs this rather quickly I assume it will take a while to realize.

While the track exporter adds a quad to 'close the circle', there is nothing that prevents a track from having one additional lap line (which iirc we can already define). So technically the track would be lap-based (from a driveline point of view), but the additional lap-line would trigger the race end (if only one lap is defined ... if not, there's a problem ;) So we would need a max-lap setting of 'no-laps' for tracks ). Only issue: what to do with the end-animation, where the AIslowly drives the karts???

So, not fully implemented, but certainly possible. As always: if someone makes a good track, we will have a look - but unlikely for 0.8.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker