Track and kart Ideas

Re: Track Ideas

Postby penguin2233 » 23 Jan 2015, 02:27

leae89 {l Wrote}:Hi, Im new here.

How about a track "inside a computer CPU" or "the first to reach the goal (only one lap in a long long track)"

maybe a cpu in a motherboard with RAM and hdd + cd-rom
penguin2233

Postby charlie » 24 Jan 2015, 00:11

GrandChaos9000 {l Wrote}:Here's my request for track ideas since I was drawing about a year ago, and it is called “The Jolly Candy Cane Forest”.

So anyways, what do you think?

The Jolly Candy Cane Forest.jpg
The original link from deviantART: http://fav.me/d6wsgla

Feel free to create your own or get the appropriate assets (including models, objects and textures), music and a track path. Then after when you've done for a long time, just don't forget to submit the add-on for current stable up to the latest beta release.

I think this is a great idea. Nice and colourful, plenty of tricks you can pull with the looping candy to create a varied driving experience, and (thinking aloud) not particularly complicated modelling requirements - model a tube/hoop and have a few colour variations for the texture and you can combine them to create all sorts of things.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby GrandChaos9000 » 24 Jan 2015, 19:19

charlie {l Wrote}:I think this is a great idea. Nice and colourful, plenty of tricks you can pull with the looping candy to create a varied driving experience, and (thinking aloud) not particularly complicated modelling requirements - model a tube/hoop and have a few colour variations for the texture and you can combine them to create all sorts of things.

Maybe they'll help soon to make it (cause why I didn't have more skills), and here's my concept race track map of The Jolly Candy Cane Forest, which is lack of the mountain and sea water name suggestion.

The Jolly Candy Cane Forest - Map.png
The original link from deviantART: http://fav.me/d8f75xt
GrandChaos9000

Postby ArDanWol » 17 Mar 2015, 17:52

Here's the first piece of concept art I've ever done. Just remember it's from a beginner and I had to draw it with my fingers, a touchscreen, and a mouse. ;) Might generate some ideas for a track or help with an existing one! :)

STK Concept1.png
My first concept art.

Tell me what you think!

ArDanWol
I'm know pretty much everywhere else on the internet as "Kpenguin"
"Profanity is one language all computer users know" - Murphy's 50th Law of Computers
Software bugs are impossible to detect by anybody except the end user - Murphy's 31st law of software
Each computer code has five bugs, regardless of how many bugs have been already found - Murphy's 50th law of software
"That's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature!"
ArDanWol

Postby samuncle » 17 Mar 2015, 23:42

@GrandChaos9000 It's a very cool map :). I'm almost motivated to do a track like that :).

Can you make a map like that of one of the existing next gen track ? I want to put it somewhere in SuperTuxKart like a tourist map or something similar but for an already existing next generation track.

If you want to do one, please choose Gran Paradiso Island and or Cocoa Temple.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Re: Track and kart Ideas

Postby BOB31415926535 » 18 May 2015, 18:35

What about a track inside the airport?
Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ loves and cares about you most of all! http://peacewithgod.jesus.net/
BOB31415926535

Postby samuncle » 18 May 2015, 19:34

@BOB31415926535 It's more or less already the case :). You can try Gran Paradiso Island which feature an airport. You can't really go inside the airport but you can see the main terminal and the gates.
samuncle
STK Moderator

Proposed character: Maryo of SMC (boy)

Postby GreenLunar » 07 Jul 2015, 22:21

GreenLunar

Postby capricom45 » 09 Jul 2015, 21:50

I wouldn't mind seeing an oval racetrack
Socially banned since 2014, a somewhat sleepy musician
capricom45

Proposed character: Greasemonkey and OpenUserJS

Postby GreenLunar » 18 Jul 2015, 08:35

GreenLunar

Proposed Character: Sorceress

Postby leilei » 28 Aug 2015, 07:11

An old unposted proposal sketch: OpenArena3 Sorceress

She is a dark elven sorceress who drives a trike. Has light teal skin, violet hair, and wears mostly pine green clothing
Proportions and clothing are much adjusted for familyfriendlyness while keeping her general appearance.

Would make a decent 'haughty' counterpart to Sara.

(i also highly advise against pantyshots, jiggle physics, and clones of her all over the beach)
leilei

Postby samuncle » 29 Aug 2015, 13:36

Hello :) Sorry for the delay I was in vacations. Here is the feedback for the last post.

@GreenLunar for your propositions I highly doubt we will have the time to include them as karts. But maybe we could use them to add more variety around the track (like the ksquirrels in the forest of Scotland etc).
Song bird is very cute and nice, but again without artists it's a lot of work to create a new character.

I wouldn't mind seeing an oval racetrack

Actually it might be done in a near future. Some tracks with a geometry a bit more basic (compared to cocoa temple) but still with high quality visual. That would help to get more newer tracks without taking 6 month to craft one.

An old unposted proposal sketch: OpenArena3 Sorceress

I saw your artwork on deviant art and it looks very nice :). You should create some objects for SuperTuxKart that would be definitely welcome. You could easily mod Sara, her wizard costume (for the snow mobile) is kinda similar to the one you shown. However it's very important to keep the overall family friendly. It won't be included in the core game probably because we have already 2 sara.

However, we are working on a dark mansion where she could be present as a bystander, inside the mansion or flying around.
XxKAopR.jpg
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Snake » 29 Aug 2015, 21:39

I'd like to see a miniature version of the Nubergring track if possible. That'd be awesome. I'm talking about the huge one. The 13 mile long track, just miniatureized.
Snake

Postby leilei » 02 Sep 2015, 11:58

samuncle {l Wrote}:However it's very important to keep the overall family friendly. It won't be included in the core game probably because we have already 2 sara.

Just having two of the same character keeps her off? :(

Also I kept her as family friendly as I could. Cleavage is not seen, and there's just black under the skirt. A kart (trike) is just missing now and i'm kinda terrible at modeling mechanical stuff, so...
Attachments
stksorc3.jpg
leilei

Postby samuncle » 02 Sep 2015, 13:15

Hi very nice model :).

There is different ways the character can be included.
1) She can be included in the addons website as a kart driver and it's open to everybody who wants to submit something there.
2) She can be included as a bystander in the new Mansion (just like suzanne watching the race in cocoa temple) (which would be the most likely option)
3) she can be included as a kart driver in the core game, and that's where I'm not sure if she can go because we have already 2 humans.

For the family friendliness it's okay :)

Edit: can you submit it in the asset subsection of the forum please since the character is already done it deserves a proper topic and the whole team can give you feedback :).
samuncle
STK Moderator

Postby Akien » 02 Sep 2015, 13:32

Very nice model indeed. I agree that with two playable human females (and so far no human male) in the core game, it could lead to further endless discussions about political correctness and whatnot. On the other hand I would very much encourage you to submit her as a playable kart driver in the addons section, as I can imagine many players could enjoy playing this character.

And having her as a "decorative" model in the core game for the new mansion is also definitely a good idea IMO. She fits the mansion theme pretty well I guess.
Godot Engine project manager and maintainer.
Occasional FOSS gamedev: Lugaru, OpenDungeons, Jetpaca, Minilens.
Akien

Postby Auria » 02 Sep 2015, 23:38

Nice model! The model may be a bit too sexy for STK though, for instance her chest is very... prominent ;) That's a pretty good base though so I'm sure with a few minor tweaks this model can be put to great use in STK
Auria
STK Moderator