Students testing custom karts

Students testing custom karts

Postby davidhurwichsf » 06 Nov 2023, 01:04

Hi all,

I am a college instructor and long time enthusiast of Super Tux Kart.

As part of an assignment about 3D modeling and production pipeline I have students create their own STK karts and install them into their downloaded version of Super Tux Kart. I was hoping that the students could create online profile and perhaps race each other online to test out and enjoy each other's karts. When I try to join an existing online track it reverts the student's kart to one of the standard karts.

Is there a way to set it up that karts added to the Addon can be used for online server races? Do I need to setup my own server? If so, what settings would I need to configure it to.
davidhurwichsf

Re: Students testing custom karts

Postby Alayan » 06 Nov 2023, 22:10

You need to make sure that the server itself has the kart addon installed and that all players in the server lobby also have the addon kart, at the very least. So it's probably easier to setup your own server. I'm not sure if additional settings are required.

It's nice to hear that STK is used for teaching. Perhaps your students would also want to submit their karts to the official online addons repository ?
Alayan
STK Moderator

Re: Students testing custom karts

Postby davidhurwichsf » 12 Nov 2023, 00:10

Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

I will suggest to students to consider submitting them
davidhurwichsf