Screw You Then

Screw You Then

Postby MRM5686 » 07 Apr 2023, 17:18

I don't know what you people are doing here, but your not playing fair, First I get a smart ass comment from a Admin about my first car, I have no way to reply next you add one of my re-textured tracks then remove it with no explanation, and not adding my second track with no explanation.....

STK is for everyone and your playing fair...
MRM5686

Re: Screw You Then

Postby MRM5686 » 07 Apr 2023, 20:03

I guess the Admins Mom hasn't waken him/her/it up yet to reply to my post.

Give me real to talk to then I might start posting my content again.
MRM5686

Postby SvenAndreasBelting » 07 Apr 2023, 23:42

Hi, I'm not an admin but I understand your frustration about the situation.

I haven't really been following the new add-ons that have been uploaded.
But I'm interested to know what happend and helping if there is anyway to do that.

What kind off add-ons did you upload?
Were those all retextured tracks and karts?

If you're making add-ons or moding some existing tracks it might be a good approach to first post them here in the forum or on the discord.

Also a lot of people don't visit this Forum very often so you should be patient (I just like to use it cause all the posts about a topic are in the same place, and there is less spam and Nonsens than on the discord)

Good luck
SvenAndreasBelting

Postby tempAnon093 » 08 Apr 2023, 03:22

Where did you talk to the admin? What was their name?

Which track was removed?
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby MRM5686 » 08 Apr 2023, 05:34

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:Where did you talk to the admin? What was their name?

Which track was removed?

Thank you for the reply!

My first kart I got an email Don't know who it was I guess it was a moderator

Subject: New message for add-on 'Astro Comet'

A moderator has left a note concerning your add-on, 'Astro Comet.' The notes saved for each revision of this add-on are shown below. == Revision 1 == What even is this lol

I can't reply to his smart ass comment so why did he even make it?

The track I re-textured was "pipe-track by skindoormimiz" My new name was "pipe-track space race"

I have since removed all of my Karts and the two Tracks that I re-textured, one Pipe track space race was in the add-ons menu then removed, other other was never approved.

I am not trying to take any credit from skindoormimiz or anyone else, I am just having fun, and my re-textures are very cool IMO and I think people would really like them if given the chance to see them.

I am starting to wonder who is really in control of STK it feels like a small group and they are controlling what is going on and not allowing everyone to take part, and the fact that you can not contact anyone as far as the Add-ons team moderator or whoever supports my theory. Also I am seeing a lot of sorry but zero "0" star crap cars and tracks that have 2 - 3 stars, while my karts not animated they where pretty and some what educational (not that my feeling are hurt) I just find it odd when karts made a famous submitter will get a 3 star, this could all be fixed if people were allowed to vote in game, and even down vote some Kart and Tracks out of the collection.

SuperTuxKart has the potential to branch off into several different games from RPG Mario world style to a Opensource version of pilot wings if allowed to.

Anywho I don't think I will waste any time trying to contribute to a good ol boys club or a high school click, if they are not going to play fair, that is a lot of work and time wasted that I could be doing something better.
MRM5686

Postby tempAnon093 » 09 Apr 2023, 08:33

Thanks for the details :) Like Sven said, forum replies can take a bit of time so we appreciate your patience.
I didn't realize this was a moderation review note on the addons site, I thought this might have been in a game server or a chat room.

Honestly, that moderator's comment isn't ok. It's rude. They may not realize it, but it is, and I'm actually really grateful you stayed to talk about it. I'll hop onto the bridged chat tonight and raise a complaint, because I feel like there is rudeness and lack of respect towards artists from some key people which is harming the community and holding the project back. Most of what I noticed before were smaller things like them brushing aside suggestions from new artists who thought the documentation was tough to understand, but this is just unconstructive and rude.

and the fact that you can not contact anyone as far as the Add-ons team moderator or whoever

For what it's worth, I don't think this is intentional, as the track notes seems to be built for technical notes instead of commentary or conversation. The places to contact people are the bridged chatrooms or here on the forum, but that isn't explained on the addons site, where it might be important to know.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby skindoormimiz » 09 Apr 2023, 12:30

hey, I didn't have time to try your texture mods of my tracks. To be clear, anyone is free to edit my tracks as they want, like you did, by keeping the og author somewhere.

For the stars rating, if I read correctly, you can actually give a vote in the game if you are logged in online and click on the stars in the addon menu. Also, seems like someone has fun voting 0.5 stars on any addon and as for my addons, I always own vote 3 stars because I have a big ego lol, so I wouldn't really give a big weight on the stars because it's not really what matters.
I model my nightmares
skindoormimiz

Postby CrystalDaEevee » 09 Apr 2023, 12:55

Hello there MRM,

I'm sorry you have come through this situation.

1. I never change add-on notes whatsoever, I'm not sure where that one came from...
2. I have not come to remove any of your uploaded content in the website, I had previously approved your tracks but apparently the first one was unapproved after I had approved it and as for the second one, I may have not saved the changes when setting it to Approved, which I learned about days later. That's my error and I apologize.
3. Star ratings at the moment are very questionable. There is atleast one person who likes to come around and 0.5 vote most addons, from recent to existing ones. Several people are victims to it, including myself. Do not let this rating affect you because honestly it kinda doesn't matter.

We all welcome new artists in the game and its community, do not let these things affect the mood!
I once again apologize for what happened. I do like space themed content alot, and hope we can see your add-ons once again in the website.

Regards,
Crystal
CrystalDaEevee

Postby tempAnon093 » 10 Apr 2023, 02:12

skindoormimiz {l Wrote}:Also, seems like someone has fun voting 0.5 stars on any addon and as for my addons, I always own vote 3 stars because I have a big ego lol, so I wouldn't really give a big weight on the stars because it's not really what matters.

Hey every vote counts, including mine! If I'm proud of my own track I'll give it a 3 as well ;)

Like Crystal said, I do notice a couple of trolls giving 0.5s on a track that clearly doesn't deserve it, and it is a little saddening to see it without any helpful feedback on why someone gave my track a 1 when I think it was inventive, novel (unseen in any kart game) and fun. So yeah, even skindoormimiz and I get hit with 0.5s sometimes, we don't take those too seriously.

And just relaying this here because I realize you may not be in the chatroom, we're taking this seriously and working towards making sure it doesn't happen again, including technical things like the add-on site not approving your tracks when Crystal tried to.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby MRM5686 » 10 Apr 2023, 06:13

Thank you very much for your replies, both my dad and I have been having fun learning GIMP and Blender over the winter, both of us had way too much time on our hands this winter but what else is there when your snowed in.

We both really like skindoormimiz’s tracks, playing them and editing them, and give them all a 3 star..... Well just about all lol...

The ones we have edited of skindoormimiz’s we think they are beautiful and would like to share them, not looking for credit I just want to show off what we did.

I will re-post my Karts and edited tracks soon, I am still trying to figure out the animation for my karts I have some animation ideas I just don’t know how yet.

And sorry for my Click-Bate title I knew it would get a response and I apologize for getting mad, we have been playing STK for longer then I will admit, and I would like to help out and give back.

I would love to start making my own tracks, it might be a while before I know what I am doing, for now we are learning a lot by manipulation other peoples tracks and seeing how it looks in the game, we are both just starting to learn how to use Blender its a bit of a head trip, but we learning as we go, we have been working with GIMP for some time now, I have only really used it for photography.

Thank you again and we looking forward to helping out.

Rob
MRM5686