SuperTuxKart — Announcer Voiceover

SuperTuxKart — Announcer Voiceover

Postby Alba_Mac » 27 Nov 2022, 20:17

Hi, everyone.

I was considering if it would be okay to put myself forward as a candidate for an in-game announcer.
I've attached a quick and dirty mock-up using some general lines (preview compressed to 22'050 Hz, 16Bit, Mono, PCM to preserve 2MB attachment limit.)
I would have provided the character names too, but I worried about mispronouncing a few of them.
I haven't added any effects, but perhaps in-game they can be added with your typical announcer echo.

Let me know what you think.
I would love to contribute to the title.
Attachments
Lo_Preview.wav
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 80 times
Alba_Mac

Re: SuperTuxKart — Announcer Voiceover

Postby benau » 28 Nov 2022, 03:00

Due to translation issue it may not be a good idea to have audible voice everywhere in the game ui, or subtitle everywhere

Maybe you can ask track creators (sven or typhon) here if they need additional voice in their tracks, like the one you hear in grand paradise island near the airport
benau
STK Moderator

Re: SuperTuxKart — Announcer Voiceover

Postby QwertyChouskie » 22 Dec 2022, 03:16

The voice lines sounds good, but I do share the same concerns about localization. Having more things like the announcer lines in Gran Paradiso would be cool, and skirts the localization issue since these aren't "necessary" for everyone to be able to understand.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie