I have a question about materials and textures.

I have a question about materials and textures.

Postby jojo141948 » 15 Jun 2022, 17:23

I'm making a new kart in blender (2.83) for the game.
My question is how do I place the brightness maps and the emission maps, how do I make the neon light, the light emitted by the kart.
I'm doing the metallic part following other karts already made (but it's not a big deal), in the game it appears blank, how should I do it?
I've read tutorials on the official website and I'm still in doubt, I've searched on google and youtube about creating karts but I can't find anything.

My doubts:
neon light - If this is possible to do.
Light emission from lamps "Headlight" - Object appears - Need some texture with alpha?
Emission and gloss map
"Metal" and other materials
Attachments
Captura de Ecrã (8).png
Captura de Ecrã (6).png
Gloss Map.png
Emission and gloss map
Metal Material.png
Kart HightLights.png
Light emission from lamps "Headlight" - Object appears -Need some texture with alpha?
jojo141948

Re: I have a question about materials and textures.

Postby Typhon » 16 Jun 2022, 16:05

Hey jojo,

jojo141948 {l Wrote}:I'm making a new kart in blender (2.83) for the game.
My question is how do I place the brightness maps and the emission maps, how do I make the neon light, the light emitted by the kart.
I'm doing the metallic part following other karts already made (but it's not a big deal), in the game it appears blank, how should I do it?
I've read tutorials on the official website and I'm still in doubt, I've searched on google and youtube about creating karts but I can't find anything.

The blender material settings (except for Base Color) aren't necessary for STK in my experience. The only thing in the Blender materials section that will change anything in-game is the Antarctica/SuperTuxKart Properties section.
Bildschirmfoto_2022-06-16_16-47-35.png
Bildschirmfoto_2022-06-16_16-47-35.png (24.01 KiB) Viewed 2423 times

jojo141948 {l Wrote}:My doubts:
Light emission from lamps "Headlight" - Object appears - Need some texture with alpha?
Emission and gloss map

As for those things, the section "Shaders" on the STK Materials website might solve your problem https://supertuxkart.net/Materials
(At least it works for me in Blender v2.93, I don't know whether there has been some changes made I didn't recognise yet)

I hope I could help :)

Best regards,
Typhon
Typhon

Postby jojo141948 » 17 Jun 2022, 12:54

Typhon {l Wrote}:Hey jojo,

jojo141948 {l Wrote}:I'm making a new kart in blender (2.83) for the game.

The blender material settings (except for Base Color) aren't necessary for STK in my experience. The only thing in the Blender materials section that will change anything in-game is the Antarctica/SuperTuxKart Properties section.
Bildschirmfoto_2022-06-16_16-47-35.png

jojo141948 {l Wrote}:My doubts:
Emission and gloss map

As for those things, the section "Shaders" on the STK Materials website might solve your problem https://supertuxkart.net/Materials
(At least it works for me in Blender v2.93, I don't know whether there has been some changes made I didn't recognise yet)

I hope I could help :)

Best regards,
Typhon

Thanks for the reply. I already know how to make the HeadLights using the texture of the STK library using alpha channel, the headlights were the same as the other Karts, I also know more or less how to put the gloss map.
I still have a doubt, if you know, how do I make a silver material, I have to use silver texture. I see a lot of karts with silver but I don't see any silver texture.
jojo141948

Postby tempAnon093 » 18 Jun 2022, 07:04

As Typhon mentioned, the Materials guide shows how to make a metallic texture using the gloss map. Do not use the Blender shader nodes options for changing anything except base color. It won't work in the game.

Use an image for a gloss map, and select it using the Antarctica/SuperTuxKart Properties section like in Typhon's image. The Antarctica/SuperTuxKart Properties section is the only way to use the gloss map, which is the only way to make it metallic. Don't use nodes for the gloss map like in the images you posted, it won't work and could even be why it's breaking.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby jojo141948 » 18 Jun 2022, 14:59

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:As Typhon mentioned, the Materials guide shows how to make a metallic texture using the gloss map. Do not use the Blender shader nodes options for changing anything except base color. It won't work in the game.

Use an image for a gloss map, and select it using the Antarctica/SuperTuxKart Properties section like in Typhon's image. The Antarctica/SuperTuxKart Properties section is the only way to use the gloss map, which is the only way to make it metallic. Don't use nodes for the gloss map like in the images you posted, it won't work and could even be why it's breaking.

Thanks for the reply, now I understand how to do it. :)
jojo141948