My first try on a sfx: anvil.ogg

My first try on a sfx: anvil.ogg

Postby Heuchi1 » 26 Dec 2021, 18:32

There has been a discussion about licenses of STK sfx recently, and there seem to be some files which have problems. I didn't know what to look for exactly, so I just took the first file which had "???" anywhere: "anvil.ogg"

Here is my first attempt making a sfx. Looking forward to you comments. (If you try it, make sure to make a backup of the original.)

If you consider this any good, I'll release it under CC0 and if there are other sfx that would need a replacement (due to license issues), then I'd be happy to try to see if I can come up with something useful. I'm not exactly sure what to look for in the licenses.txt though.

I don't say my version is better than the original one. If there is no (serious) license problem with the current "anvil.ogg", that's just fine.

UPDATE: I've updated the file and will keep the latest version here, so you don't have to scroll down. I hope that's a good thing to do.
Attachments
anvil.ogg
(7.7 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Last edited by Heuchi1 on 28 Dec 2021, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Heuchi1

Re: My first try on a sfx: anvil.ogg

Postby tempAnon093 » 28 Dec 2021, 03:42

I notice that the sound is still playing when the audio file ends, instead of the sound effect finishing before the end.
Is it possible to make the length of the file longer without changing the sound, so that it gets a chance to fade to silent?
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Re: My first try on a sfx: anvil.ogg

Postby Heuchi1 » 28 Dec 2021, 10:34

Right, I did a (small) change to the file after exporting from the DAW. But that doesn't seem to be a good idea... ;-)
I fixed it and made it brighter as well, because I noticed the first version was not so prominent during the game (competing with other noises and the track music).
I'll try to modify the file in the first post.
Heuchi1