[finished] Battle Island Arena

Re: Battle Island Arena - WIP

Postby sj04736 » 19 Aug 2011, 00:23

qubodup {l Wrote}:regarding stkaddions: http://stkaddons.net/upload.php has this string (html not parsed) """Do not use this form if you are updating an existing add-on.<br />"""

Whoops, that's a case of me escaping too much ;) That error occurred because of a typo when I added escapes to all translated strings (to prevent naughty translators) [edit] I also completely rewrote account creation to be more careful - this should fix most issues [/edit]

qubodup {l Wrote}:.7z might be a format you want to support.

If I can find a PHP library that supports this, then I will add it. It's fairly trivial. I should start looking.
Last edited by sj04736 on 19 Aug 2011, 01:53, edited 1 time in total.
Stephen
Role: STK-Addons Developer

sj04736

Postby hiker » 19 Aug 2011, 00:33

sj04736 {l Wrote}:
qubodup {l Wrote}:.7z might be a format you want to support.

If I can find a PHP library that supports this, then I will add it. It's fairly trivial. I should start looking.

As long as you re-pack everything as zip, since irrlicht does not support 7z :(

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Auria » 19 Aug 2011, 01:16

Actually irrlicht does support 7z, it's just that it calls it by its "real" name, i.e LZMA. Though I have it disabled in the OSX build but I guess I could fix it and update the build
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 19 Aug 2011, 04:43

Auria {l Wrote}:Actually irrlicht does support 7z, it's just that it calls it by its "real" name, i.e LZMA. Though I have it disabled in the OSX build but I guess I could fix it and update the build

From irrlicht's IrrCompileConfig:
LZMA is a very efficient compression code, known from 7zip. Irrlicht currently only supports zip archives, though

So I admit that I don't have much of an idea of how the various compression formats work, but I would still interpret this as no .7z file, but if lzma is used in a zip file it works.See also CZipReader.cpp, the only file using the LZMA define (except for the actual lzma lib):
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
bool CArchiveLoaderZIP::isALoadableFileFormat(const io::path& filename) const
{
        return core::hasFileExtension(filename, "zip", "pk3") ||
               core::hasFileExtension(filename, "gz", "tgz");
}

So, we have to use zip, pk3, gz, or tgz (though I admit I didn't check if we could just rename a 7z file to zip ).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby mjminfo » 19 Aug 2011, 18:58

as a side note to the arenas,
Q: what happens when a single user chooses to go into an 3 strike battle arena ?

r: well he is presented with a choice of normal tracks, and not arenas !!

how about presenting a message that this battle mode requires 2 active players ( unless we can battle with AI ???)

as it is now we start a normal race and all of a sudden in the middle or racing the choosen track it stops and no matter what you are always last in the standings.

SO would it be possible to battle AI karts/players ??

thanks

Jorge
Game streaming at Beam.pro [ https://beam.pro/mjminfo ]
mjminfo

Postby Crendgrim » 19 Aug 2011, 20:00

Regarding the AI, that's not possible yet. The AI can only drive "normal" track, and doesn't have the possibility of "free driving". However, if someone would implement this, it would certainly be awesome. :P
Crendgrim

Postby Auria » 20 Aug 2011, 00:40

mjminfo {l Wrote}:as it is now we start a normal race and all of a sudden in the middle or racing the choosen track it stops and no matter what you are always last in the standings.

I don't understand what you mean here, sorry
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby KroArtem » 20 Aug 2011, 01:18

Auria {l Wrote}:
mjminfo {l Wrote}:as it is now we start a normal race and all of a sudden in the middle or racing the choosen track it stops and no matter what you are always last in the standings.

I don't understand what you mean here, sorry

May be 'Follow the leader' mode?
KroArtem

Postby mjminfo » 20 Aug 2011, 04:44

to clarify;

when I choose to go into a 3strike arena, if I'm alone no other player, stk sends me to choose a track instead of sending me to choose an arena.

I can start racing after choosing a track, but in the middle of racing before completing the first turn the race ends and no matter where I was in the racing positions, I always end up being last in the final list of positions.
mjminfo

Postby Kinsu » 20 Aug 2011, 09:42

Crendgrim {l Wrote}:Regarding the AI, that's not possible yet. The AI can only drive "normal" track, and doesn't have the possibility of "free driving". However, if someone would implement this, it would certainly be awesome. :P

AI improvements might come up in the following months... ;)
Kinsu

Postby Auria » 20 Aug 2011, 17:04

mjminfo {l Wrote}:to clarify;

when I choose to go into a 3strike arena, if I'm alone no other player, stk sends me to choose a track instead of sending me to choose an arena.

I can start racing after choosing a track, but in the middle of racing before completing the first turn the race ends and no matter where I was in the racing positions, I always end up being last in the final list of positions.

Actually I don't understand : in single player game, 3 strikes is not offered at all!
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Crendgrim » 20 Aug 2011, 17:29

Auria:
mjminfo means, if one goes to "Multiplayer Mode", but doesn't select a second player, one comes to the normal SP menu without any hint that there may be the 3 strikes battle.
Crendgrim

Postby Auria » 20 Aug 2011, 18:14

Hmm I think I might understand, now, thanks, but when I select "Multiplayer" in the main menu and then continue alone, I am still not offered 3 strikes. So it's indeed a bug that I can continue alone if I select multiplayer, but I still don't understand everything mjminfo said
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Crendgrim » 20 Aug 2011, 19:09

If I understood mjminfo correctly, he criticizes that there isn't any hint about the special PvP game mode when you select multiplayer mode, but go with only one player to the race setup menu.
Crendgrim

Postby mjminfo » 20 Aug 2011, 19:15

Auria {l Wrote}:
mjminfo {l Wrote}:to clarify;

Actually I don't understand : in single player game, 3 strikes is not offered at all!

my bad was so used to click on the right icon that I did not read it properly. It's follow the leader ... :(

But my suggestion still stays ... how can we play against AI karts in 3 strike battle arenas ?
mjminfo

Postby Auria » 20 Aug 2011, 22:11

mjminfo {l Wrote}:But my suggestion still stays ... how can we play against AI karts in 3 strike battle arenas ?

Yes in the future we want AIs for 3 strikes mode too, but this will come later since it's not too easy
Auria
STK Moderator