New music for "Alien Signal"

New music for "Alien Signal"

Postby Heuchi1 » 06 Jun 2021, 17:35

I did some music for "Alien Signal".
There's a YouTube video, or if you don't like YT, you can listen to an audio only demo on my Google Drive.
It even contains some sound from space. ;)

To try it yourself download file Heuchi1_AlienSignal.zip here.
License is CC BY-SA 4.0.

I'm very much looking forward to your comments.

Heuchi
Heuchi1

Re: New music for "Alien Signal"

Postby sridharkumar » 06 Jun 2021, 20:42

Well, I like it! I really appreciate that you put effort in this but sometimes it doesn't fit well to the track you are playing. It can fit on some other tracks though. I don't know if you wanted to use it for other tracks but i am sure that it will fit for some night-time tracks.
sridharkumar

Postby Heuchi1 » 07 Jun 2021, 10:53

@sridharkumar, thanks for your comment and I'm glad you like it.

Of course it could be used for other tracks as well. Maybe the NASA radio signal might not fit, but it shouldn't be hard to replace that depending on the theme of the track. Speaking of which: Do you have a specific track in mind?
Heuchi1

Postby sridharkumar » 08 Jun 2021, 07:09

I think it would be good for Mars Park in my point of view. I haven't tested it yet though.
sridharkumar

Postby Heuchi1 » 09 Jun 2021, 13:15

First, I was a bit surprised when you suggested "Mars Park". But I tried it, and it did work better than I expected. (Most of it, I'll come back to that).

The music that comes with "Mars Park" ("Alien") is more aggressive due to its more "electrical" sound, its strong and simple beat pattern and because it's louder. It keeps changing between major and minor which makes it darker (in the first half). My "Alien Signal" is more light-hearted and playful. It has more "acoustic" sounds, stays in major and has a more varied structure.

Now I was wondering: How would I describe the "Mars Park" track. How is life in this settlement? Do the green lakes(?) invite to swim? Is life enjoyable and playful ("Alien Signal"), or is it harder, dangerous and maybe even a bit monotonous at times ("Alien")? Is the alien element in the center ("Alien") or is it rather in the background ("Alien Signal")?

Back to how "Alien Signal" works for a racing track:
At about 1:20 the musical pace slows down a bit. Not tempo, but it keeps getting calmer and kind of goes in circles until only the Congas are playing at 1:55. We are waiting: Will there be the signal? I think, this works nicely for an arena but it doesn't fit a racing track so well.

Sorry, quite a lot of text. But for me this is really interesting. So I wanted to take the opportunity to write about some of the things I had in mind for "Alien Signal" and I'm very curious to hear what you think.
Heuchi1