Track: Dyson Speedway

Re: Track: Dyson Speedway

Postby RX1 » 22 Oct 2021, 17:03

OK, I have added the timing function. I'm using a 5 seconds update interval. I doesn't seem to slow down my game noticeably.
The time bonus will be awarded when the final egg for the respective difficulty mode is picked up. In case of hard or Supertux mode, the timing also stops with the final hard egg. The hunt for the final space egg is not timed, which is OK to me.

Unfortunately I don't know a way to recognize if the game is paused. So the timing function keeps running in pause mode and the time bonus keeps decreasing.

Recent version: https://rjotz.uber.space/sc/index.php/s ... _v0.97.zip
RX1

Postby tempAnon093 » 23 Oct 2021, 04:38

It's a tough egg hunt but I like it! :) I tried for 40 minutes and got 14/19, 7/15, 2/19 (Spaceman and Floating Up). I did make it to the outside once but got lost before collecting any and didn't try again during this run.
tempAnon093

Postby RX1 » 23 Oct 2021, 10:55

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:It's a tough egg hunt but I like it! :) I tried for 40 minutes and got 14/19, 7/15, 2/19 (Spaceman and Floating Up). I did make it to the outside once but got lost before collecting any and didn't try again during this run.

Nice! Thanks for trying. :) I consider renaming "Falling Up" to "Floating Up" Bonus. :)
If you get reset outside you will be placed back inside the sphere, but if you made it outside once, additional cannons at the top gate area are unlocked, so it's easier to get outside again.

Yesterday I also tested the wip version online together with two other players and it didn't seem to be slower than the last version. There are over 60 egg hunt related tiggers now and so far I have seen no negative effect on normal racing and time trial modes.
RX1

Postby tempAnon093 » 24 Oct 2021, 07:54

RX1 {l Wrote}:I consider renaming "Falling Up" to "Floating Up" Bonus. :)

I actually like 'Falling Up' more, since the Dyson Sphere messes with the 'gravity'. :) I just forgot the name because I was in a rush.
tempAnon093

Postby RX1 » 24 Oct 2021, 11:25

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:
RX1 {l Wrote}:I consider renaming "Falling Up" to "Floating Up" Bonus. :)

I actually like 'Falling Up' more, since the Dyson Sphere messes with the 'gravity'. :) I just forgot the name because I was in a rush.

Alright, I'll keep "Falling Up", while in that particular case you are actually falling "upside-down down". :D ... but in some areas of the track you can also literally fall upwards.
There are many cool and funny effects you can create with the gravity / magnet function. I placed some eggs with the intention to let the players explore these things.
RX1