How to make invisible (and from both sides visible) Faces?

How to make invisible (and from both sides visible) Faces?

Postby suususMogos » 28 May 2021, 17:38

Hello,

I am working on a track in Blender and I have a bridge there made of planks. Between those planks are small gaps. I don't want the karts to get their wheels stuck between them. Is it possible to make a "collider" object, which isn't rendered and but detected by the physics engine? And is the opposite possible, so you have a plane which is rendered from both sides?

Do you have any ideas?
suususMogos

Re: How to make invisible (and from both sides visible) Face

Postby eltomito » 29 May 2021, 22:30

suususMogos {l Wrote}:Hello,

I am working on a track in Blender and I have a bridge there made of planks. Between those planks are small gaps. I don't want the karts to get their wheels stuck between them. Is it possible to make a "collider" object, which isn't rendered and but detected by the physics engine? And is the opposite possible, so you have a plane which is rendered from both sides?

Do you have any ideas?

I suck at Blender but since no one else replied, I'd say look at the blend of Snow Peak. It has the same kind of bridge you are trying to build and it works. I guess you can do it the same way. I think it's this one: http://svn.code.sf.net/p/supertuxkart/c ... wtuxpeak2/
eltomito

Postby tempAnon093 » 31 May 2021, 00:14

For invisible surfaces, I just use a fully transparent .png image as the texture.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby XGhost » 31 May 2021, 01:53

None of the above.
In the object properties tab (the one that has an icon of a cube) go to the "SuperTuxKart Object Properties" and set the type of the object to "Object". This will mark the object as separate mesh and will then export it as single file. You'll see that you now have much more object-specific options to configure. In the interaction dropdown, you can find the option "Physics Only". That's what you're searching for.
Also, the name property will be the filename of the exported mesh, so make sure you don't accidentally have two different objects with the same name.
XGhost

Postby benau » 01 Jun 2021, 18:04

To make object rendered at both sides use the solidify modifier
benau
STK Moderator