Music: "Little STK Fughetta"

Music: "Little STK Fughetta"

Postby Heuchi1 » 08 May 2021, 07:59

I've uploaded new music: YouTube: "Little STK Fughetta"

Recently I found the "Art Museum" add on track, which I think is really nice and creative. I had the idea of trying some "art music" for this track, something contrapuntal: maybe a fugue? Of course, a full featured fugue would be too long and also a quite difficult composing task. But why not try something smaller, that uses the first 60 seconds to pretend to be a fugue? So that's what I tried to do here.

If you want to try it in the game yourself, download Heuchi1_STKFughetta.zip here.

What do you think? I appreciate your comments.
Heuchi1

Re: Music: "Little STK Fughetta"

Postby Alayan » 06 Sep 2021, 23:57

Nice little music, though from the video the sfx from the game (arguably not great) seem to clash with it more than usual. When you skid, it disturbs too much from the music.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Re: Music: "Little STK Fughetta"

Postby Heuchi1 » 07 Sep 2021, 08:07

Thank you very much for the comment. I'm wondering if this could be improved by
    · making the music louder (easy enough, but you never know the settings a user has)
    · using "stronger" instruments (although that probably destroys the baroque feeling)
As I wrote in my first music contribution here, I had never done game music before. Loudness seems to be one of the critical and difficult things. At least for someone like me with a more classical music background.
Heuchi1