New Track "Hillside"

New Track "Hillside"

Postby ConnorGames » 22 Jun 2011, 23:36

I have been working on creating a track for SuperTuxKart called hillside. It is under the Creative-Commons-By-SA 3 licence. feel free to give me suggestions for improving it or to put it in the game.
Link - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11366066/hillside.zip- track and blender file

Thanks in advance for any feedback - Connor
ConnorGames

Re: New Track "Hillside"

Postby Auria » 23 Jun 2011, 00:47

Hi,

nice work :) I recommend you submit your track through the add-on system, this is the new standard way to make your track available to everyone

If I may add a little constructive criticism, I think the road is narrow and sometimes a bit bumpy (but maybe that's on purpose?)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Crendgrim » 27 Jun 2011, 12:32

In addition to what Auria said (I think it's a bit too bumpy on the slope, though the narrowness is challenging), there is one serious problem: You have only one place with nitro, in the first cave. And this nitro is all in one row, so the first kart will get everything and all immediately behind won't get any nitro. This makes catching up really, really hard.
You should rather place the nitro boxes in a way that you cannot take all at once, so each kart has the chance to get some.

Crend
Crendgrim

Postby Iridium » 27 Jun 2011, 17:03

Crendgrim {l Wrote}:In addition to what Auria said (I think it's a bit too bumpy on the slope, though the narrowness is challenging), there is one serious problem: You have only one place with nitro, in the first cave. And this nitro is all in one row, so the first kart will get everything and all immediately behind won't get any nitro. This makes catching up really, really hard.
You should rather place the nitro boxes in a way that you cannot take all at once, so each kart has the chance to get some.

Crend

I agree here; more spread out, like on the bridge in Amazonian Journey perhaps, or side-by-side with Item Boxes. In fact, I think there should be one more item Box row, maybe right at the end of the tunnel.

The bumpiness is a little too much combined with that tight turn; either make the turn less extreme or smooth out some of the bumps. SOME. Keep the challenge in the track. ;)
-Iridium
Iridium