Bug in multiple tracks - Loss of images/textures

Bug in multiple tracks - Loss of images/textures

Postby Iridium » 12 Jun 2011, 21:20

Hi! I recently downloaded SuperTuxKart 0.7.1b onto my new computer (Macbook Pro running Snow Leopard).
But as soon as I started on the challenges, I noticed something really queer - the textures/images on Oliver's Math Class are all gone. Completely.
Aand so are some of the trees on Amazonian Journey:

What is causing this loss?
-Iridium
Iridium

Re: Bug in multiple tracks - Loss of images/textures

Postby Auria » 12 Jun 2011, 23:16

Hi,

this is weird. Could you run STK from terminal? (if you've never done this before: right-click on STK, select "Show Package Contents", open Contents, open MacOS, double-click on the executable there) and please post back anything it says
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Iridium » 13 Jun 2011, 01:21

Auria {l Wrote}:Hi,

this is weird. Could you run STK from terminal? (if you've never done this before: right-click on STK, select "Show Package Contents", open Contents, open MacOS, double-click on the executable there) and please post back anything it says

Certainly.
This is the result -

mbpro:~ joseph$ /Applications/SuperTuxKart.app/Contents/MacOS/SuperTuxKart ; exit;
Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0: Sat Jan 29 15:17:16 PST 2011; root:xnu-1504.9.37~1/RELEASE_I386
Could not load sprite bank because the file does not exist: #DefaultFont
[FileManager] checking whether we are using an app bundle... yes
[FileManager] Data files will be fetched from: '/Applications/SuperTuxKart.app/Contents/Resources/'
Env var LANG = 'en_US.UTF-8'
Adding language fallback en
[IrrDriver] Creating NULL device
Irrlicht Engine version 1.8.0-alpha
Darwin Kernel Version 10.7.0: Sat Jan 29 15:17:16 PST 2011; root:xnu-1504.9.37~1/RELEASE_I386
Could not load sprite bank because the file does not exist: #DefaultFont
[IrrDriver] Trying OpenGL rendering.
[IrrDriver] Trying to create device with 32 bits
[IrrDriver Temp Logger] Level 3: Could not load sprite bank because the file does not exist: #DefaultFont
[Irrlicht Warning] Could not open file of texture: /Applications/SuperTuxKart.app/Contents/Resources//data/textures//lava.png

Uh.. I tried to open "lava.png in the location stated and Finder gives me " you do not have permission to open this file, contact your system administrator for more info.".
My account has full administrator acess to my computer. What's going on?
Iridium

Postby Iridium » 13 Jun 2011, 01:28

In addition, any item I use (except for Nitro, Zipper and the Switcher) on Oliver's Math Class disappears a few seconds after deployment, never to be seen again.
The look backwards action does not work either, as it just puts the camera closer to the back of the kart.

EDIT: I cannot open "palmtree.png" in the textures folder either. That must be the cause of the missing tree texture, but I do not get why "lava.png" prevents a whole ton of other textures from malfuctioning...
Iridium

Postby Auria » 13 Jun 2011, 02:39

Wow :o I can't believe you're the first to point this out. There are indeed permission issues in the package :( I think this is because by default the first account of all computers has the same user ID so I guess most people work from their first account, which has the same UID as me, so few people had this issue.

For now, just select STK, open the "Get Info" dialog, and in the bottom section where permissions are (See http://www.jaanuskase.com/en/osx_permissions.png ), set "Read and write" to everyone (you may need to unlock the little lock first), then click on the "tool" button at the bottom and apply the change recursively. Then you should be able to see everything

Sorry for this silly mistake, I'll make sure that this does not find its way into the next release
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Iridium » 13 Jun 2011, 21:12

Ah! Awesome.
If anything still is amiss when I change permissions I'll let you know, but it of course should be fine.
Glad to be of help here :)
-Iridium
Iridium

Postby STKRudy85 » 14 Jun 2011, 11:38

this topic should be in STK general
STK fan
STKRudy85