My STK projects

Re: My STK projects

Postby SvenAndreasBelting » 30 Apr 2020, 16:20

I'm pretty sure that the track won't be an exact copy of OzoneOne's concept art.
And I don't know which parts of the concept art I'm gonna use for the track.
Don't get me wrong the concept is a great inspiration and gives me a lot ideas, but I just don't want to promise anything about how the track will be exactly at the end.
SvenAndreasBelting

Postby charlie » 01 May 2020, 13:48

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:I did a quick-and-dirty implementation of some of the driveline proposed in OzoneOne's post, and I gotta say, it's pretty awesome: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKTUwnR-Ik4

I definitely would LOVE to see OzoneOne's concept track fully implemented ;)

Also that is a bit long for a lap @ 3-4 minutes.
Free Gamer - it's the dogz
Vexi - web UI platform
charlie
Global Moderator

Postby QwertyChouskie » 01 May 2020, 18:14

I just timed it and it was ~1:20 for a lap, but agreed, a bit long in that state. Anyways, that won't be the driveline used in the real version anyways, it was mainly just an experiment :)

(I would love to see a similar pipe section in the final design though, even if the driveline as a whole is different :) )
Not an official dev, but a huge fan of STK!
QwertyChouskie

Postby tempAnon093 » Yesterday, 02:25

It looks like someone has exposed difficulty to scripting for us, so it should be in the next release.

https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/pull/4297

So it looks like in STK 1.2 (or in any new git build) a script can say `if (Track::getDifficulty() < 2) { runCode(); }' to run the code only if playing Novice or Intermediate (0 = Novice, 3 = SuperTux)

(P.S. in actual code I would write '<= 1' instead of '< 2', it's just the second one makes more sense to non-programmers)
tempAnon093