Intro Cutscene

Re: Intro Cutscene

Postby Ludsky » 07 Aug 2019, 19:09

Nolok can have a team of super villains, i think. It will be great !
Snake and Robot are very good :)
Ludsky

Postby eltomito » 08 Aug 2019, 11:33

Typhon {l Wrote}:Out of that, it's a snake... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apep

I don't get it! What does Apep have to do with this?

By the way, Nolok is a Bangladeshi singer! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolok_Babu
Maybe he could contribute a song for the Nolok's Castle track :D
eltomito

Postby Typhon » 09 Aug 2019, 16:01

Well, I've got the idea for my character from Apep...
Last edited by Typhon on 31 Dec 2019, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.
Typhon

Postby cddepppp256 » 09 Aug 2019, 16:02

eltomito {l Wrote}:
Typhon {l Wrote}:Why is Nolok every time the villain? There are so many villains, some even more evil, but it's always finally Nolok... :think:

It's because Nolok was created to be the villain. All other characters are mascots of various open-source projects. Only Nolok is a STK creation so that he can be the villain.

Sorry to repeat myself, but I think a new intro scene could focus on that: the fact that to have a serious fight, you need a villain! Therefore I pitch my idea for the intro to follow a bunch of bored kart-racing characters who realize that in order to be challenged, they have to find or create a villain. So, the create Nolok (like Frankenstein created his monster) but Nolok gets out of hand! (Just like your stock radioactive crocodile movie monster :) )

It seems like it focuses more on playing the game because you want to beat it rather than playing the game because you want to play it.* I have no problem with a monster being created and becoming too powerful because of a mistake, but I don't think they shouldn't want to race each other because it's "boring". Saying that racing is boring in a racing game might not be the best thing to do. :P Or it might just be the greatest idea ever, it just depends on how you interpret the plot.

I feel like the plot, if you are going for this, shouldn't be very serious (which it seems like you are going for). In that case, I don't see this as a problem. The worst thing about this plot is that it is up for WAY too much interpretation based on what you've said it to be. It might be more clear in a final script, so it's not a huge deal. :)

*I'm not saying I agree/disagree with the standpoint that you should play a game because you want to play it, and not because you want to finish it. I'm just saying that the story implies it a certain way and I don't think that's a great direction to go in if it's not clearly going to be non-serious.
cddepppp256

Postby Typhon » 09 Aug 2019, 16:13

NONSENSE
Last edited by Typhon on 31 Dec 2019, 14:02, edited 1 time in total.
Typhon

Postby cddepppp256 » 09 Aug 2019, 16:35

Typhon {l Wrote}:This shouldn't be criticism... :|

?????
cddepppp256

Postby Typhon » 09 Aug 2019, 16:40

Forget about this last message
Typhon

Postby eltomito » 09 Aug 2019, 21:13

cddepppp256 {l Wrote}:It seems like it focuses more on playing the game because you want to beat it rather than playing the game because you want to play it.* I have no problem with a monster being created and becoming too powerful because of a mistake, but I don't think they shouldn't want to race each other because it's "boring". Saying that racing is boring in a racing game might not be the best thing to do.

Okay, you got a point. What I meant was that if you want to get good at something, it helps when you're challenged. And saying they're bored racing was a bit of an exaggeration to make that point. My idea was that the plot begins at a point where all the other characters already know each other, they've raced each other a lot and they're a bit self satisfied to the point that they aren't motivated to improve. So, when they find themselves patting each other on their backs how good their are once again, one of them starts thinking that maybe it would be more fun if someone came from the outside and gave them a new goal to beat. But since they're really good already, they may have to use magic or something to create that someone who's better than them. Something like that.
eltomito

Postby QwertyChouskie » 10 Aug 2019, 20:12

My main concern with the "creating Nolok" plotline is it isn't consistent:

1. How can Nolok Industries exist if Nolok was just created? And if Nolok was created with Nitro, how can that be since Nitro is manufactured by Nolok Industries?

2. Nolok already exists in ST, and as far as I can tell ST takes place before STK, since in ST Tux goes from Antarctica to, well, not Antarctica, and when STK starts Tux is clearly not in Antarctica. (Maybe Tux breaks up with Penny, and takes up kart racing as a coping mechanism :P )
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby tempAnon093 » 11 Aug 2019, 00:56

I would like to resuggest my idea from page 1, simply because I could not find any constructive feedback or critisism. The plot is short and simple (it could probably be achieved using a single cutscene constructed mostly from derivatives of existing assets), it doesn't seem to contradict existing plotlines, it provides a conflict between the racers and Nolok and it provides a motivation to race (practicing to defeat Nolok).
It's a first draft written in a hurry so of course there is room for improvement, but is it a good idea for this game or is it not satisfying?
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby eltomito » 12 Aug 2019, 09:33

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:My main concern with the "creating Nolok" plotline is it isn't consistent:

1. How can Nolok Industries exist if Nolok was just created? And if Nolok was created with Nitro, how can that be since Nitro is manufactured by Nolok Industries?

Hmm, yeah, this doesn't fit in very well. Time travel, maybe? :D Or maybe Nolok industries isn't owned by Nolok but set up to satisfy Nolok's massive nitro consumption?

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:2. Nolok already exists in ST, and as far as I can tell ST takes place before STK, since in ST Tux goes from Antarctica to, well, not Antarctica, and when STK starts Tux is clearly not in Antarctica. (Maybe Tux breaks up with Penny, and takes up kart racing as a coping mechanism :P )

Bummer, I didn't know about Nolok in ST. I never played ST. But I like the idea that Tux takes up kart racing as a coping mechanism after a breakup :D
eltomito