WIP track called Dark Road

WIP track called Dark Road

Postby Random Paradox » 31 Jan 2019, 21:28

I'm working on a track called dark road, and it's still a WIP. I know the path is a bit boring, but I think it's a bit too late to turn back now. Feedback from other people needed and appreciated.
Link to track: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BI-NNi5uA2dTWBjT5hyNiWQ-Xl6zlnVF
Completer of the Ling Ling Workout.
Random Paradox

Re: WIP track called Dark Road

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 01 Feb 2019, 00:33

Hi, Random Paradox!

I tested your track and, although the path is still very simple, I believe you can improve the design with some curves and, as well, up s& dawns. The scenery is empty at the moment, but you could add some houses or a castle in some point. Maybe (just a hypothesis) you even could rename the track in function of this building. Eg. "Nolok's castle", "Dark Tower", etc. IMHO, you should keep your track from looking like another Germanic place like "Forest Track". There are a lot of different architectural styles around the world to get some inspiration from them.

Anyway, it's a nice initiative to spend your time making a track for STK fans have some fun.
"Making cool harmless games makes the world a better place".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby Random Paradox » 01 Feb 2019, 02:44

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:I believe you can improve the design with some curves and, as well, up s& dawns.

I'll definitely try this.

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:The scenery is empty at the moment, but you could add some houses or a castle in some point.

I don't think a castle would work, but a cabin would certainly fit my idea.

GeekPenguinBR {l Wrote}:Maybe (just a hypothesis) you even could rename the track in function of this building. Eg. "Nolok's castle", "Dark Tower", etc. IMHO, you should keep your track from looking like another Germanic place like "Forest Track".

I don't think it would work for this track.
Completer of the Ling Ling Workout.
Random Paradox

Postby Andet » 01 Feb 2019, 03:40

Hi! I like your track :) . It's pretty simple (which isn't a bad thing) but has a nice atmosphere to it. I'm not a track designer (I tried working on a track once and it was awful :p ), but I'd say short tracks like this one really benefit from a small shortcut or something that makes the race more exciting (Oliver's Math Class for example has the shortcut under the desks, although it saves too much time in my opinion). You can make the path more interesting by adding more bananas (but not too much) and nitro.

The two main problems I noticed were that 1) the slope of the wall is too low I think, so the player can sort-of drive on it and it may lead to some problems, and 2) the big nitro can is a tad too out of the way to be useful (maybe put it closer to the middle of the track)

Nice track overall! :D
Andet

Postby Linux Guides » 08 Feb 2019, 23:21

Nice Track!
I think some grass on the right side, and some small extra rocks on the wall on the left would grade your track up with less work ;)
Linux Guides