City Conversion

Re: City Conversion

Postby Auria » 17 Dec 2010, 03:35

Hi Horace,

check this screenshot : http://www.activeworlds.com/newsletter/ ... er4_lg.jpg
Inside the bottom blue rectangle (ignore the red rectangle), there is the green color picker; right under the green color picker is a button called "setvcol", this is the one you want.
Also, at the right of the upper blue rectangle, you will need to click the "orange rectangle on green square" button so that you can select which faces are affected

Just one little caveat : STK does not support sharp changes in vcolors like blender does, so make sure to smooth any vcolor so that the color is the same on all sides if a given vertex (or split the faces if you wish sharp effect)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby rudy85 » 17 Dec 2010, 12:21

Nice track, you're a good graphist ;)

I think you may add a Crossroads where player can't go but from some vehicle come to crossing the road
STK 3D animation
My work is under the licence you want
rudy85

Postby horace » 18 Dec 2010, 22:34

thanks, i will try to add vertex colors to the tunnel later...

i tried to add a box with enabled physics but it seems like its orientation doesn't get taken into account by the exporter. is this a missing feature or a bug?
horace

Postby Auria » 19 Dec 2010, 03:13

Probably you are better to rotate the mesh inside the object and not the object itself; but Joerg can tell you best
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 19 Dec 2010, 11:06

horace {l Wrote}:thanks, i will try to add vertex colors to the tunnel later...

i tried to add a box with enabled physics but it seems like its orientation doesn't get taken into account by the exporter. is this a missing feature or a bug?

Can you post the .blend? It will be a few days before I can have a look at it though.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby horace » 19 Dec 2010, 12:27

city.zip
(7.27 MiB) Downloaded 325 times

here it is. the boxes are rotated about the z-axis in blender but get exported with 0, 0, 0 rotation. there also was a bug in the exporter with the mass property. i had to change the %f to %s in the format string.

the shortcut isn't finished yet. i was just experimenting a little. :)

the tunnel uses vertex colors now and i reduced its polygons a lot.
horace