Around the Forest Lake

Around the Forest Lake

Postby Linux Guides » 31 Jul 2018, 10:16

Hi guys,

after a big amount of time I am pleased to announce my first track for supertuxkart.
Its a simple racetrack, but with the placed items it's a bit more challenging I think.
The theme is a big forest with a small lake in the middle of the map in the late spring.

The main purpose of this track was in the beginning just to produce an tutorial-series on youtube for new creators of supertuxkart,
but with the time I made a lot more videos as I supposed to. Planned were 6 videos maximal but at the moment there are 18 videos.
With this big amount of videos the track became better and better, and in the end in my eyes it would be false not to publish this track.

I created an big commercial-poster wich teasers my tutorial series on youtube with an big QR-Code.
The thought of that is to recruit new developers for stk-assets.
At the moment there are 2 equal posters on the commercial-frame, but there will come one more different soon.

Now I want you to ask, if there are bugs on this track, or what I could improve very fastly.
I hope you will enjoy my track :)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Txf1V ... 0WeUhHaGXp
Attachments
AroundTheForestLake.jpg
Linux Guides

Re: Around the Forest Lake

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 31 Jul 2018, 22:55

Hi, Linux Guides!

I have tried your track. It's a nice track where we can easily drive and have some fun. I know that this was intentional ("with the placed items it's a bit more challenging I think."), but to be honest, there are bananas in excess in some points. Not those sparsely placed, but here, to be precise:
Florest Lake (Bananas) - Copia.jpg

Anyway, this is a matter of personal taste. I don't like much; others may like a lot. :)

The only technical aspect to be improved is the smoothness of the road in some curves. In this region, we feel (and even see) some bumps. Probably, the edges of ration of the curves that I tried to spot in cian:
Florest Lake - Copia.jpg
"Making cool harmless games makes the world a better place".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby Linux Guides » 01 Aug 2018, 11:10

Hi GeekPinguinBR,

thank you for testing.

I have tried your track. It's a nice track where we can easily drive and have some fun. I know that this was intentional ("with the placed items it's a bit more challenging I think."), but to be honest, there are bananas in excess in some points. Not those sparsely placed, but here, to be precise:

Yeah, this banana spot is maybe to heavy, and perhaps a bit stupid too. I will remove some of them :)

The only technical aspect to be improved is the smoothness of the road in some curves. In this region, we feel (and even see) some bumps. Probably, the edges of ration of the curves that I tried to spot in cian:

Yes, on this spot, the track is a bit bumpy. I hope that I can improve this too.

Thank you for your work!
Linux Guides

Postby tuxdroid » 02 Aug 2018, 16:36

I like the track, especially the swaying effect of the leaves on the trees makes it realistic, I don't understand about the lack of track in more detail but I think it has given a challenge when played.
tuxdroid

Postby XGhost » 03 Aug 2018, 01:29

Hi Jean
I'll keep it in English for everybody to understand ;)

I wanted to write you earlier as you mentioned your project here but somehow I lost it. I haven't yet had the time to test your track, so I can't give you feedback on that, but I stumbled upon your tutorial series even before you announced it here on the forums, so I'll have some words on them. You did a great job on the videos, they are spot on! STK had not much tutorials on contributing, so you're covering quite a niche and even bringing along a growing community of open source interested people which is great. In earlier days of STK the German speaking community was quite big and many add-on karts and tracks originated from it. With the closing of the German speaking STK forum the people scattered and only some of them are actively involved until now. So it's nice to see that there is a chance of regrowing and mobilizing possible new developers on art related content for STK.
So again, congrats and thanks for the awesome work! I'll test the track as soon as I got some time, but anyhow, for me it is not the track that really counts here, it serves as a practical example for the whole project which is just well done.

Cheers
Julian
XGhost

Postby Linux Guides » 04 Aug 2018, 08:29

I like the track, especially the swaying effect of the leaves on the trees makes it realistic, I don't understand about the lack of track in more detail but I think it has given a challenge when played.

Thanks. Yeah, I am not creative in track-building, sry :/

@XGhost thank you for your motivating works! I really didn't know that the german community was bigger once upon a time.
Yes, I hope that we will find some new content-creators for supertuxkart ;)
Maybe it is the first step for a german stk-community, e.g. SvenAndreasBelting is german too, and he makes great tracks..
Linux Guides

Postby Linux Guides » 07 Sep 2018, 18:41

Since the Track is available in the AddOns a few days ago, I guess this thread could be closed :)
Linux Guides

Postby Maximiliano Fonseca » 07 Jun 2019, 15:11

Hi :-)

since STK version 1.0 began, "Around the forest lake" begins to have flaws in the route and the trees
Maximiliano Fonseca

Postby Ludsky » 21 Jan 2020, 22:52

Yes, this tracks have a problem with road :/
Ludsky