Video: SVN version (STK 0.7.1) with new add-on manager

Re: Video: SVN version (STK 0.7.1) with new add-on manager

Postby asciimonster » 07 Jan 2011, 19:52

Me want! Me waaaant!!!

+ you used the new song by DJHelium! :D
asciimonster

Postby kirtash1197 » 07 Jan 2011, 20:32

It's great! But I have a doubt, these additions was previously downloaded or connect to the internet to download? If the second option would look more lively.
kirtash1197

Postby asciimonster » 07 Jan 2011, 20:55

kirtash1197 {l Wrote}:It's great! But I have a doubt, these additions was previously downloaded or connect to the internet to download? If the second option would look more likely.

Correct, the addons are downloaded from http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/
asciimonster

Postby KroArtem » 07 Jan 2011, 21:21

What can I say after I looked this video?
First of all, as JoergH said, it is in development now and he doesn't advice anybody to test addon manager right now :)
Secondly, an addons tab is not deleted when you've uninstalled Chinchilla. This is for Auria, I think :)
And the last point is that I've also tested Chinchilla and IMHO, it is bad in driving, too hard to control it.

P.S. kirtash1197, yes, they are downloaded from http://stkaddons.tuxfamily.org/ but it was done in-game, this is a nice new option that will (I hope) come with new 0.7.1 release :)
KroArtem

Postby hiker » 09 Jan 2011, 00:10

KroArtem {l Wrote}:What can I say after I looked this video?
First of all, as JoergH said, it is in development now and he doesn't advice anybody to test addon manager right now :)

Certainly not. E.g. atm most of the items in the lists don't work at all, since they are written for the wrong version of stk, but that version checking is not implemented yet. But more severely: the addon cleanup code is still work in progress - for example, when KroArtem reported a bug with removing addons, the code was still based on the original code by Xapantu, which did a recursive delete of all files and subdirectories - but I had modified a lot of other code, changed paths, functions setting patsh etc - so with a bit of luck that code might have ended up recursively deleting files in "/" or $HOME. Yes, it's an unlikely bug, but I can't know if that might not happen (since I hadn't even looked at the code). So anyone not needing his files anymore feel free to try the addon version, but anyone else PLEASE wait till we make the addons part of the standard compilation process. I really have to commit my files regularly as a backup (I mostly develop on a laptop), so I can't just wait till everything is working.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker