when the game finishes!

when the game finishes!

Postby djs3 » 05 Jan 2011, 16:40

Hi, i downloaded the game succesfully and everything seems to work fine. But, my question is when i finish the race of the game itself, an icon pops up saying "open program or go back online"? and when i click on either of them i go back to my desktop, and have to restart the whole process of starting up the game again?

Thanks dylan!! :)
djs3

Re: when the game finishes!

Postby Auria » 05 Jan 2011, 20:12

Hi,

this is very weird, do you have a screenshot of this message? I don't think we have anything like that in STK. Maybe it's your OS somehow... which system are you using?
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby djs3 » 07 Jan 2011, 12:55

Hi, thanks for getting back with me. I could not get a screen shot of the problem, the icon come on the screen again for about a second, and then it went off. I will try agin for you!!
The os system i am using is micosoft windows 7 Ultimate version, do you think that might have something to do with it?

I was wondering also,for the game it self, have you ever thought about when you drive along "there could be like a truck of some sort in front of the travelling cars" dropping "Gifts and Bombs" so the car will have to move out of the way off "Bombs" in the meantime trying to collect the "gifts"? Just an idea!!

Cheers Dylan :-)
djs3

Postby Auria » 07 Jan 2011, 18:14

As far as I know, we have no message like this in STK, so I can only assume that this message comes from Windows (or some application running in the background). Why it comes only at race end is probably because the mouse cursor is made visible then

Regarding the "collect goodies" mode, this sounds good :) I'll add it to the wiki so we remember the idea
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 08 Jan 2011, 06:06

I think probably the window is default application crash window in Windows Vista/7. If I remember correctly the window says "xxx is stop working" and there are 3 options: "close program and search solution online", "close program" and maybe "restart program" ...
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Re: When the game finishes!

Postby djs3 » 10 Jan 2011, 18:35

Hi, yes, you are right when a short message comes up. About "end program" and "restart" that sort of thing. It is not a bug or antthing is it? Because i don't really want any bugs or viruses?

Maybe at the end of the game or race, the character or character's jump up and down when they finish a race to chees!! And the losers fall down sort of thing and start crying. What do you think?

Dylan, :-)
djs3

Postby Auria » 10 Jan 2011, 20:34

I would need to know the exact message otherwise there's little I can do

About race end animation, we already play animations when a race is ended, so I'm not sure what you mean
Auria
STK Moderator