WAN gameplay glitch on Android

WAN gameplay glitch on Android

Postby eltomito » 07 Dec 2018, 23:42

Hi! Just played online for the first time ever, lost all 4 races, but it was fun and mostly worked great!

I just noticed that whenever I picked up an item, it mutated into something else before I managed to use it.
For example, I picked up a gift box and there was chewing gum in it. But within a second, it turned into, let's say, a speed arrow,
as if the computer changed its mind. And it happened ALWAYS when I picked up a gift box.

I played STK Beta (obviously) on Android, the phone is Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.

But great work with the network races, guys! Kudos and all that stuff!

I'll try to compile network STK on my laptop and kick some butt on the tracks :D
eltomito

Re: WAN gameplay glitch on Android

Postby benau » 08 Dec 2018, 04:21

are you using latest apk version 20181206 and play on our official server?
benau
STK Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 08 Dec 2018, 05:48

I think maybe there is some bug or some platform-specific difference which makes Android build generates different random numbers from the server.

@eltomito You can try Windows nightly build made by me here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/acmepjz ... /artifacts :)
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby eltomito » 08 Dec 2018, 10:56

benau {l Wrote}:are you using latest apk version 20181206 and play on our official server?

Eh, no, I was using the older build. Just updated now. The server was one of those that STK automatically finds for you.
eltomito

Postby eltomito » 08 Dec 2018, 10:59

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:@eltomito You can try Windows nightly build made by me here https://ci.appveyor.com/project/acmepjz ... /artifacts :)

Thanks! but I have Ubuntu. I'll try to look for some Linux nightly builds, tho.
eltomito

Postby eltomito » 08 Dec 2018, 17:31

I updated to the 20181206 build and the glitch is gone. So, FIXED! ;)
eltomito

Postby QwertyChouskie » 09 Dec 2018, 02:13

@acme_pjz Maybe you could submit a PR to the main repo to have the appveyor builds stored as artifacts? If you do, make sure to use the whole stk-code folder intact, as it may be needed for debugging.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby acme_pjz » 09 Dec 2018, 06:08

QwertyChouskie {l Wrote}:@acme_pjz Maybe you could submit a PR to the main repo to have the appveyor builds stored as artifacts? If you do, make sure to use the whole stk-code folder intact, as it may be needed for debugging.

I'll try to do that, first I need to understand the appveyor build script on stk-code repository since my script looks a little bit different from it.

Also there are some questions I need to clearify:

• If there is debugging support in the binary package, then the source code and .pdb files should be also packaged together. Should I use the build configuration "RelWithDebInfo" instead?
  • Should I build the package for master branch only?
  • The binary package with data is quite big, about 500MB. If we build binary package for every commit, then I think appveyor may complain about it. Are there any way to fix it? For example upload latest nightly build package to bintray or SourceForge and overwriting older nightly builds.
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby QwertyChouskie » 22 Dec 2018, 22:55

Hmm, not sure what would be best regarding size. If https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/pull/3654 gets merged, maybe the AppVeyor build can be added onto the "Continuous Build" tag.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie