Las Dunas Stadium source needed

Las Dunas Stadium source needed

Postby QwertyChouskie » 20 Oct 2018, 22:51

Las Dunas Stadium's lap counting broke in the git version (https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-code/issues/3525). @GeekPenguinBR can you please uplooad the source files to the addons site? I can fix the issue, but I need the .blend.
Not an official dev, but a huge fan of STK!
QwertyChouskie

Re: Las Dunas Stadium source needed

Postby cddepppp256 » 20 Oct 2018, 23:25

cddepppp256

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 21 Oct 2018, 01:32

I read the description of the problem in Github, but this is very strange because I have always driven this track in both versions (the one installed directly by me and the version available on Add-ons for download, that you use) and I have never had that kind of problem.
"Making cool harmless games makes the world a better place".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby Alayan » 21 Oct 2018, 02:08

Quoting what I wrote on github :
The issue is that this track has no checkline at all. Going backward and forward over the lap line allows to validate laps.

This is also true in 0.9.3 ; but code changes to lap line validation make the issue much more obvious in git, because you don't need to go backward for an incorrect validation to happen the first time.

There is a code change which explains why it was noticed now and not earlier, but the code change only exposes a pre-existing flaw of the track. If this track had seen the time-trial competitions that the main tracks have seen, it would have been detected long ago (much more complicated tricks have been found).
Alayan

Postby QwertyChouskie » 21 Oct 2018, 02:12

It has to do with some changes in the Git version. Tracks need at least one checkline or now they completely glitch, though at least 2 checklines are needed to not allow exploits. Also see https://streamable.com/sdql6

Also, now STK has a better mesh format so it would be good to have the blend on the addons site anyways. Samuncle actually lost a lot of blends at one point in a hard drive crash, we don't want to risk a similar situation happening again.
Not an official dev, but a huge fan of STK!
QwertyChouskie