Strange or unknown sound file probably used in a track

Strange or unknown sound file probably used in a track

Postby Pedroxz » 28 Aug 2018, 10:52

Yesterday when I was listening to the sound effects of SuperTuxKart through the folder stk-assets » sfx, I found a sound file with the name static-radio, when I saw that file I was jaw-dropping because I had not heard that sound yesterday in SuperTuxKart Discord Server had reported this, however QwertyChouskie said it "probably used in a track", then TwoSpacesSG also said "it's probably like lenautile_restaurant, which is used, just in a very subtle way" and I said that it would probably be a sound effect and converse continued.

What do you guys think?

static-radio.ogg
(1.21 MiB) Downloaded 213 times
Pedroxz

Re: Strange or unknown sound file probably used in a track

Postby Auria » 28 Aug 2018, 22:55

It's used in the work-in-progress "Align signal" arena, which has not yet been released yet IIRC
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby QwertyChouskie » 28 Aug 2018, 22:58

That arena was used in the gift package.
Contributor to/fan of STK (Upstreamed Cartoon theme, numerous random big fixes/tweaks)
QwertyChouskie

Postby samuncle » 09 Sep 2018, 22:52

When we release gift package only the track itself is in "restricted" access (creative commons no commercial).

Everything else (objects, assets, textures) that where used to create the track are already included in the game so people can have the freedom to create their own map based on gift package maps without having to pay anything.

I can confirm this audio is in Alien signal when you go in the server room in the basement :). It's a notch to https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Numbers_station

If I recall correctly you can even decode the number/morse code and it gives a message.
samuncle
STK Moderator