XInput + DirectInput combination support

XInput + DirectInput combination support

Postby SketchMan3 » 16 Jul 2018, 18:18

Windows 7 64bit

When I try to use two wired XInput controllers (PDP AfterGlow XBoxOne and GameStop XBox360) + one DirectInput controller (GigaWare) the game only recognizes the XBox360 controller and the Gigaware controller, and it recognizes the XBox360 controller as the XBoxOne controller. I don't know how difficult it would be to improve support of combining DI and XI controllers on one machine, but I hope that this issue is fixed because it's a huge hassle trying to mess around with JoyToKey or XInputPlus to try and get 3-4 controllers all working for the family to gather around and play together (yep, this is a popular family game for us :p)
Pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting penguins.
SketchMan3

Re: XInput + DirectInput combination support

Postby Auria » 16 Jul 2018, 23:00

I just tested with 2 different controllers, one DirectInput and one XInput, and I had no issues on my side, both worked out of the box. So unfortunately, this seems like it's specific to your specific setup, this will likely be hard for us to diagnose
Auria
STK Moderator

Re: XInput + DirectInput combination support

Postby SketchMan3 » 15 Jul 2019, 17:05

Thanks for the reply. A bit late, but I think I may have just had one of the controllers disabled :X Or maybe not, I'm not sure. But I no longer have this problem with the release of version 1.0 \:D/
Pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting pictures of pandas painting penguins.
SketchMan3