Implementation of a new UI

Re: Implementation of a new UI

Postby 0zone0ne » 06 Jul 2018, 11:39

Agreed. I'm a big fan of the new icons and would like to see them implemented. We can fix any potential issues they have first, and then make a decision on what should be done next.
0zone0ne

Postby GeekPenguinBR » 08 Jul 2018, 18:57

Since hellcp himself has asked me to post my concept here, this is my attempt to contribute with ideas for a new UI.

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Note that the yellow chessboard background and the icons were made quickly just for better understanding of my suggestion. This is not a graphic project for the remodeling of the UI. My focus is on the navigation or, in other words, on the sequence of actions to play locked and unlocked content.
"Making cool harmless games makes the world a better place".
GeekPenguinBR

Postby tux_peng » 08 Jul 2018, 20:40

I like the new icons & hellcp's UI mockup does look good, but the current UI isn't bad.
The only menu I've had trouble controlling with a gamepad is the addons menu

I just think that this would take time to implement and there are many more important things ATM
also known as jpenguin
tux_peng

Postby hellcp » 08 Jul 2018, 21:06

GeekPenguinBR: I really love bold help bubbles, they are awesome, although they need some bolder font to go with the style. Icons are not my favorite. Opening cutscene and track selection in story mode needs to be discussed, there were ideas of rotating globe as track selection and book introduction cutscene instead of current cutscene with Gnu being kidnapped. I feel like we need more options in main menu than this :D

tux_peng: ofc there are more important things, but I'm doing what I have capability of doing, while others do other things :D
hellcp

Postby Auria » 09 Jul 2018, 00:11

hellcp {l Wrote}:Oh whopps, forgot about it, CC BY-SA 4.0 sounds fine?

Sorry for missing this reply, there's so many posts it's easy to miss one. Yes, CC-BY-SA 4 is good. Obviously, assuming you made everything yourself and didn't get it from the internet

Please note that hiker (the STK project leader) is currently on vacation, so things might move a bit slower
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hellcp » 09 Jul 2018, 01:23

Auria: Everything except fonts is original and I used Inter UI Heavy (mass, options_language, rename, screen32-1610), which isn't really a problem as its license (SIL OFL 1.1) allows for that use entirely ;).
hellcp

Postby Auria » 09 Jul 2018, 18:48

hellcp {l Wrote}:Auria: Everything except fonts is original and I used Inter UI Heavy (mass, options_language, rename, screen32-1610), which isn't really a problem as its license (SIL OFL 1.1) allows for that use entirely ;).

Thanks. Hiker, our project leader, is currently on vacation and we won't change the icon without discussing this with him of course - so there might a little delay. I'm keeping this in mind though, we should check that in a couple weeks perhaps
Auria
STK Moderator