accessing ground-truth kart position

accessing ground-truth kart position

Postby grelu119 » 30 May 2018, 10:49

I am a brain researcher using STK as a stimulus whose responses we are recording with EEG.

I am looking to find a way to access the ground-truth _screen_ position of each kart for each frame, so that I can then relate the measured brain signal to the kart position. The code base / data structures are quite expansive, and I am wondering if anybody knows which classes/functions may contain this information. I'm assuming that since each kart has to be rendered on the screen at each frame, that this information must be passed somewhere along the way. My goal is to "intercept" this information from the appropriate function call.

Thanks in advance.
grelu119

Re: accessing ground-truth kart position

Postby Alayan » 30 May 2018, 21:17

What do you mean by "ground-truth_screen_position" ? If the kart touches the ground or not, or something entirely different ? Is the information you seek only dependent on the kart's physics, or also from the camera view ? Explain in the clearest way possible the information you seek, otherwise we can't help you.
Alayan

Re: accessing ground-truth kart position

Postby hiker » 02 Jun 2018, 05:00

grelu119 {l Wrote}:I am a brain researcher using STK as a stimulus whose responses we are recording with EEG.

I am looking to find a way to access the ground-truth _screen_ position of each kart for each frame, so that I can then relate the measured brain signal to the kart position. The code base / data structures are quite expansive, and I am wondering if anybody knows which classes/functions may contain this information. I'm assuming that since each kart has to be rendered on the screen at each frame, that this information must be passed somewhere along the way. My goal is to "intercept" this information from the appropriate function call.

Thanks in advance.

I assume you basically want to map a 3d point to screen pixel coordinates? I am not exactly a 3d expert, but maybe the following thread helps:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... hp?t=29675

Though one issue is that we are not using that much of irrlicht anymore, so I am not sure how easy it would be to adjust the code (and since we are now completely shader based ... if it actually works like this at all). I'll see if Benau or Deve have a better idea.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker
STK Moderator