Translation needed

Translation needed

Postby hiker » 15 Dec 2010, 01:51

Hi all,

since we want to do the official 0.7 release quickly (possible within a week), we are looking urgently for help with translations - many translations are only half done atm. Details about translating STK are on our translation page, check Launchpad to see what is still outstanding (click on 'View all languages').

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Re: Translation needed

Postby acme_pjz » 15 Dec 2010, 06:32

I don't know why, but now I don't have the privilege to translate strings on Launchpad directly, but give suggestions only :| ... and strings on Launchpad doesn't match .po and .mo files in SVN, more clearly, some strings translated in .po are not translated on Launchpad ...
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby hiker » 15 Dec 2010, 10:30

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:I don't know why, but now I don't have the privilege to translate strings on Launchpad directly, but give suggestions only :|

I don't know much about lauchpad (I only created an account just now), but I think you have to be part of the stk group and be approved (since we got spammed with bad=google-based translations). Xapantu, auria - can you comment and/or fix this?

... and strings on Launchpad doesn't match .po and .mo files in SVN, more clearly, some strings translated in .po are not translated on Launchpad ...

Hmm - I checked a while ago that the latest string added to SVN was in launchpad. So I am not sure what the problem is. Again - xapantu, auria - any comments?

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby acme_pjz » 15 Dec 2010, 15:45

Maybe it's my mistake :think: :oops: I haven't check the latest .po files, I juse checked .po file in RC1 and strings on Launchpad ... now it looks like that the missing translations are due to changed strings ...
acme_pjz

Postby Auria » 15 Dec 2010, 16:56

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:I don't know why, but now I don't have the privilege to translate strings on Launchpad directly, but give suggestions only :| ... and strings on Launchpad doesn't match .po and .mo files in SVN, more clearly, some strings translated in .po are not translated on Launchpad ...

Hi,

check http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Translating_STK , you will need to either join the STK team, either join the launchpad translators group; as Joerg said, we had to do this because of vandalism. The approval process should be quick and then you can continue
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 16 Dec 2010, 09:03

OK ... Anyway, there are other people also working on Simplified Chinese translation, so I don't need to join team ;)
acme_pjz