SuperTuxKart 0.7 - second release candidate

Re: SuperTuxKart 0.7 - second release candidate

Postby glestman » 19 Dec 2010, 18:35

:heart: Very Good Work! :heart:
I missed animations all the time in old STK.

but I found some bugs

Maybe these bugs are posted already:
-One times i want to restart a level ( in grandprix ) and it crashed
-If you restart a challenge where you have to get nitro, the red line is missing
-If you play a grandprix in the " follow the leader " mode it crashed sometimes
-You can't play in Fullscreen. If you push a button nothing happends ( at my computer )

I have Ubuntu 10.04 and compiled STK on my self

And here are some feature requests:
-show the Finish-line on the map
-You can choose a car for a Challenge
-a bit faster animation ;)
-Animations for the attacks

But what is this new format .b3d ???
I want to make my own cars.
Last edited by glestman on 25 Dec 2010, 12:29, edited 1 time in total.
glestman

Postby gmolleda » 19 Dec 2010, 18:38

Hiker, the bridge is example before up to piramid (cyan road): http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 7kR1ZSAA-J

Ok, my child only win in that track (in the image), but she is happy.
gmolleda

Postby sj04736 » 19 Dec 2010, 20:26

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the old arena tracks still not converted? I think that's a bit of a blocker.
Stephen
Role: STK-Addons Developer

sj04736

Postby Auria » 19 Dec 2010, 22:06

glestman {l Wrote}::heart: Very Good Work! :heart:
I missed animations all the time in old STK.

Thanks for the nice words :)

glestman {l Wrote}:-One times i want to restart a level ( in grandprix ) and it crashed

Now this is very weird, because when you race in a GP, the "restart" button is not supposed to appear at all ;) How did you manage to restart a race?

glestman {l Wrote}:-If you restart a challenge where you have to get nitro, the red line is missing

Ok, I create a ticket about this

glestman {l Wrote}:-If you play a grandprix in the " follow the leader " mode it crashed sometimes

This is a known bug :)

glestman {l Wrote}:-You can't play in Fullscreen. If you push a button nothing happends ( at my computer )

Can you describe more what happens? I'm not sure what you mean

glestman {l Wrote}:-You can't add Players by pressing the fire-button

Do you have (for instance) many gamepads? You will need to press "fire" on the other gamepads for a new player to join (think game console style, each player presses "fire" on their pad to join)

glestman {l Wrote}:-show the Finish-line on the map

You mean the mini-map? Agreed, would be interesting, I created a ticket for this

glestman {l Wrote}:-You can choose a car for a Challenge

Maybe :) We're not there yet but this may come.
Challenges will probably be turned into a "story mode", there you could choose your kart.
And animations will continue to improve, for sure :)

glestman {l Wrote}:But what is this new format .b3d ???
I want to make my own cars.

http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Mak ... r_Irrlicht covers what you need to know
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 19 Dec 2010, 23:25

sj04736 {l Wrote}:Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the old arena tracks still not converted? I think that's a bit of a blocker.

Yes, some tracks are not converted. We have quite good replacements, so the number of tracks is actual larger than it was before (iirc). The only thing missing are battle modes, but atm battle mode is (imho) not that useful anyway, so I am happy to have a track less. Note that we are adding an addon manager, so that people can download additional tracks easily in game.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby hiker » 19 Dec 2010, 23:40

glestman {l Wrote}:-You can choose a car for a Challenge

With faster animation what do yo mean exactly: the steering animations, win/lose animations at the end (while the race results are being shown), or the Grand Prix won/lost animation, or the 'something unlocked' animation?

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Arthur » 19 Dec 2010, 23:44

The 'something unlocked' is probably the issue - I think they're way too slow, perhaps double the speed, at least for the 'image-jumps out-of-trunk-and-into-your-face' part.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby Auria » 20 Dec 2010, 00:39

Ok, I sped up the feature unlock screen in SVN :)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby acme_pjz » 20 Dec 2010, 08:01

Auria {l Wrote}:
glestman {l Wrote}:-One times i want to restart a level ( in grandprix ) and it crashed

Now this is very weird, because when you race in a GP, the "restart" button is not supposed to appear at all ;) How did you manage to restart a race?

If I rember correctly, when you play GP in challenge and a race is completed, there is three buttons: "Next race", "Restart this race" and "Quit to main menu" :)
Some of my open source games on GitHub
acme_pjz

Postby Crendgrim » 20 Dec 2010, 15:29

Arthur {l Wrote}:The 'something unlocked' is probably the issue - I think they're way too slow, perhaps double the speed, at least for the 'image-jumps out-of-trunk-and-into-your-face' part.

And if you don't want to wait and press "fire" to skip, you won't ever see what exactly you did unlock ;)
@Auria, hiker: Is it maybe possible not to return to the main menu when you skip the unlock animation but show the unlocked feature without the animation before?

Crend
Crendgrim

Postby Auria » 20 Dec 2010, 17:26

acme_pjz {l Wrote}:If I rember correctly, when you play GP in challenge and a race is completed, there is three buttons: "Next race", "Restart this race" and "Quit to main menu" :)

oooh, good catch, that's not intended :shock:
Will need to fix this.
Now regarding the crash, without a backtrace or a way to reproduce it's hard to tell :(
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Auria » 20 Dec 2010, 17:45

Crendgrim {l Wrote}:
Arthur {l Wrote}:The 'something unlocked' is probably the issue - I think they're way too slow, perhaps double the speed, at least for the 'image-jumps out-of-trunk-and-into-your-face' part.

And if you don't want to wait and press "fire" to skip, you won't ever see what exactly you did unlock ;)
@Auria, hiker: Is it maybe possible not to return to the main menu when you skip the unlock animation but show the unlocked feature without the animation before?

Crend

Done :)
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby gmolleda » 20 Dec 2010, 18:20

hiker:

Unfortunately I don't understand the 'view bridge' part :( Could you try to rephrase, or perhaps post it in your native language?

Cheers,
Joerg

The track is Shifting Sands, in the version 0.6 the IA karts fall to water in this bridge:
http://150.214.184.58/Shiftingsands.png

And fall in the cyan road up to pyramid in:
http://supertuxkart.sourceforge.net/Ima ... t_05_1.jpg

In version 0.7 RC2, the IA karts never fall, and a child 4 years old never win. I think that now the IA karts go to center way and before they went straight line and the magnet get it and put it in the center of the road and in the second time they crossing the way well.

In spanish: Mi hija sólo ganaba en el circuito "Arenas movedizas" (Shifting Sands) porque los coches caían al agua o por el lado cuando había un camino estrecho (antes de la pirámide o al cruzar el puente sobre el río), pero ahora en la nueva versión los coches son más listos y van por el centro de la carretera, así no caen al agua y no pierden tiempo. Mi hija ya no gana nunca en esta nueva versión, hemos vuelto a la 0.6.

The game is perfect.

El juego es una maravilla y estoy agradecido a todos los que han aportado su tiempo para ver jugar felices a los demás. Gracias.
gmolleda