HELP! Modifying in game control

HELP! Modifying in game control

Postby jobenmoe » 31 Oct 2017, 18:29

Hello,

I want to be able to modify the control within the game so that the user's kart is automatically accelerating from the beginning. Can someone guide me on how I can go on about doing this? Thanks in advance!

Best,
Jason
jobenmoe

Re: HELP! Modifying in game control

Postby Auria » 31 Oct 2017, 23:35

Hi,

I'm afraid that what you are asking for is not possible at this time without modifying the source code of the game.

I was not sure reading your post whether you wanted to do it via in-game configuration, or via code modifications, so if I misunderstood please calrify and I will help you further
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby jobenmoe » 01 Nov 2017, 17:10

Auria {l Wrote}:Hi,

I'm afraid that what you are asking for is not possible at this time without modifying the source code of the game.

I was not sure reading your post whether you wanted to do it via in-game configuration, or via code modifications, so if I misunderstood please calrify and I will help you further

Hi Auria,

I'm looking for pointers on code modification.

Jason
jobenmoe

Postby jobenmoe » 01 Nov 2017, 18:41

Auria {l Wrote}:Hi,

Better yet, is there a feature where I can have AI Control to take over for the user?
jobenmoe

Postby MTres19 » 01 Nov 2017, 20:32

jobenmoe {l Wrote}:Better yet, is there a feature where I can have AI Control to take over for the user?

There are several relevant command line flags; run supertuxkart with --help on the command line. Note particularly the --profile-laps and --demo* flags. As far as having the AI take over input halfway through a race, this is not an option as far as I know.
MTres19

Postby jobenmoe » 01 Nov 2017, 23:07

MTres19 {l Wrote}:
jobenmoe {l Wrote}:Better yet, is there a feature where I can have AI Control to take over for the user?

There are several relevant command line flags; run supertuxkart with --help on the command line. Note particularly the --profile-laps and --demo* flags. As far as having the AI take over input halfway through a race, this is not an option as far as I know.

I was able hack the source code to change the user control to skidding ai control, thank you for the help!
jobenmoe