Global questions

Re: Global questions

Postby STKRudy85 » 13 Jan 2011, 00:42

About bombs :

the first character who carry it was Immunized if an another player want to give it again. great
But last time I have play with a friend I just had to touching him to be safe and waiting time to he exploded

Protection could be counted on seconds ?
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby Auria » 13 Jan 2011, 03:53

About moving end camera a bit to the side of the kart, I think this is a good idea. Joerg, any opinion? If you don't object we could create a tracker item for this

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:About bombs :

the first character who carry it was Immunized if an another player want to give it again. great
But last time I have play with a friend I just had to touching him to be safe and waiting time to he exploded

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Crendgrim » 13 Jan 2011, 16:27

Auria: Rudi speaks about those dynamites what you get sometimes by driving into bananas. If you have that dynamite and drive against another kart, the dynamite is given to it. But when this kart is touching you again, you'll be safe and never get it back. Rudi suggests now to create a "time limit" there, so after a few seconds you are able again to get that dynamite back - or to give it back to your opponent.

Crend

PS: @Rudi: To your signature - there indeed is a license that's more free than Public Domain: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WTFPL :)
Crendgrim

Postby Auria » 13 Jan 2011, 19:50

Ok, time for bomb could be filed as feature request in our sourceforge TODO tracker
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby KroArtem » 13 Jan 2011, 20:13

In fact I thought there was a delay for few seconds as there were such situations when I gave dinamite to another kart and then after 1-2 seconds touched him again but didn't receive the dinamite back. :)
KroArtem

Postby Arthur » 13 Jan 2011, 21:57

As it is now, you can't get the bomb back at all from the same kart you gave it to - except if it's going through a 3rd party of course. ;)
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby hiker » 14 Jan 2011, 04:05

Auria {l Wrote}:About moving end camera a bit to the side of the kart, I think this is a good idea. Joerg, any opinion? If you don't object we could create a tracker item for this

I forgot to answer this. Yes, I want to do this. My idea would be that the offset of the camera relative to the kart could be specified in blender. So you can have sections where the camera is slightly to the left of the kart (perhaps in a right turn to also show off the scenery), then straight ahead of the kart, before it moves to the right. Switching from one camera to the other has to be taken care of (e.g. going to a fixed position camera should be instantaneous, but from one moving camera to the next probably be smooth(?)). Would be good if someone could put this in the tracker.

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:About bombs :

The problem is that (unless we add some visual feedback to the game) the behaviour is kind of surprising to the player: once they were able to overtake the kart, and did not receive the bomb back when slightly touching the other kart, next time (when they are a millisecond later) they got the bomb back. People might consider this a bug. So I think leaving it the way it is makes the game easier to understand. Besides, it might be too easy to pas the bomb back, since that other kart is already close to you - you just have to stay close as opposed to get close to a different kart.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby STKRudy85 » 18 Jan 2011, 11:55

Uninstall program isn't visible in add/remove program menu in windows XP
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby MCMic » 20 Jan 2011, 20:10

Arthur {l Wrote}:As it is now, you can't get the bomb back at all from the same kart you gave it to - except if it's going through a 3rd party of course. ;)

That's a good behavior I think, it just need to be changed if there are only two players in the race!
MCMic

Postby hiker » 21 Jan 2011, 00:41

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Uninstall program isn't visible in add/remove program menu in windows XP

That's true, but I actually don't know how to add this (registry? I don't want to touch that :) ), and the games comes with its own uninstaller, which you can simply run. I'd say that's good enough for now :) (hey - haven't written that for a long time: patch welcome :) )

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby STKRudy85 » 02 Mar 2011, 12:11

Who is maintaining ubuntu source ?
--------------------
Who have packaged fedora rpm ?
--------------------
When did you plan to diffuse 0.7.1 ?
--------------------
3 cakes in battle mode it's too much, no ? An invincibility is necessary, don't you think ?
--------------------
I've tested 0.7 version on windows XP on multiplayer mode :
I had this error in character selection screen :
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
0x00522245  0x00000040

sorry I've only note the number (without error message :( )
-------------------
Could a limit time be added (ex:1min)in order to not waiting for last player crossing finish line ?
-------------------

Kart exporter may could have only one sound (A Yippie one !)
And different driving style can be displayed :

- Light : fast acceleration , less maximum speed , Light motor sound
- Medium : as it is actually
- Heavy : fast maximum speed , less acceleration , Heavy motor sound
- Nitro : less maximum speed , less acceleration , nitro jauge fast fill
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby Auria » 02 Mar 2011, 17:53

Hi,

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Who is maintaining ubuntu source ?
--------------------
Who have packaged fedora rpm ?

I have no idea about Fedora, we don't do the packages ourselves.
Regarding Ubuntu, do you mean the official repositories, or the PPA?

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:When did you plan to diffuse 0.7.1 ?

We don't really know, but hopefully in not toooo long

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:3 cakes in battle mode it's too much, no ? An invincibility is necessary, don't you think ?

Agreed and agreed. I don't have time for invincibility right now, but I reduced the propability of receiving 3 cakes

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:I've tested 0.7 version on windows XP on multiplayer mode :
I had this error in character selection screen :
{l Code}: {l Select All Code}
0x00522245  0x00000040

Sorry, this is not helpful, you would need to test latest SVN in debug mode and run in a debugger to get a proper backtrace

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Could a limit time be added (ex:1min)in order to not waiting for last player crossing finish line ?

I'm not sure, what do other people think?

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:Kart exporter may could have only one sound (A Yippie one !)

Sorry, I don't uderstand

STKRudy85 {l Wrote}:And different driving style can be displayed :

- Light : fast acceleration , less maximum speed , Light motor sound
- Medium : as it is actually
- Heavy : fast maximum speed , less acceleration , Heavy motor sound
- Nitro : less maximum speed , less acceleration , nitro jauge fast fill

[/quote]

This is planned, but not just now, this will need a lot of testing and balancing and we don't have the time to do this right now
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby KroArtem » 02 Mar 2011, 19:38

Could a limit time be added (ex:1min)in order to not waiting for last player crossing finish line ?

Are you speaking about multiplayer mode? If so, here are my thoughts:
Usually multiplayer mode is played with your friends\relatives and it is not good if you'll finish the game and say 'Hey, I don't want to wait you, the race will be finished in 59..58.57..seconds'. Though I can understand you if the second player don't show any activity (for example, he/she suddenly realised he/she need to go to the shop and left the game without finishing it). So the idea is to check if the second/third player has some activity and if no, wait a minute and finish a race. Not sure Auria or Joerg will be very happy to implement it because in my opinion it is not an urgent problem.
KroArtem

Postby STKRudy85 » 02 Mar 2011, 22:45

Who is maintaining ubuntu PPA ?
Does he can add the karts addon package I made ?

About sound, I mean in kart exporter I suggest to have only a sound by character it's already hard to get A sound by character.
I propose also to add 4 buttons which give the four entries I told you
light
medium
heavy
nitro

And as you said: in future
About time I hope having much soon but I will make a break from june till september
Actually I have only one hour per day ~

KroArtem {l Wrote}:Are you speaking about multiplayer mode? If so, here are my thoughts:
Usually multiplayer mode is played with your friends\relatives and it is not good if you'll finish the game and say 'Hey, I don't want to wait you, the race will be finished in 59..58.57..seconds'. Though I can understand you if the second player don't show any activity (for example, he/she suddenly realised he/she need to go to the shop and left the game without finishing it). So the idea is to check if the second/third player has some activity and if no, wait a minute and finish a race. Not sure Auria or Joerg will be very happy to implement it because in my opinion it is not an urgent problem.

You're right
STK fan
STKRudy85

Postby KroArtem » 02 Mar 2011, 23:09

As far as I know little jo is maintaining ubuntu ppa. In real life his name is Joseph. You can freely write him a letter and looks like he also speaks French so it won't be a problem for you to understand each other. :)
I'm quite sure it is possible to add addons-pack to that ppa as a separate .deb package, so it'll be named 'supertuxkart-addons-1' or something like this. Just contact him and discuss this ;)
KroArtem

Postby hiker » 03 Mar 2011, 00:12

KroArtem {l Wrote}:

Are you speaking about multiplayer mode? If so, here are my thoughts:
Usually multiplayer mode is played with your friends\relatives and it is not good if you'll finish the game and say 'Hey, I don't want to wait you, the race will be finished in 59..58.57..seconds'. Though I can understand you if the second player don't show any activity (for example, he/she suddenly realised he/she need to go to the shop and left the game without finishing it).

That would be important when we have networking. Currently, if the guy next to you in splitscreen shows any tendencies to go to the shop, attach a heavy iron ball on a chain to his ankle, and you will be alright :)

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby KroArtem » 03 Mar 2011, 00:36

Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't have anybody to play stk with, so I don't worry about heavy iron ball on a chain ;)
However, Rudy85 showed us a good point and may be it is reasonable to create a ticket in the trac (though it can took ages to close it so we shouldn't think of it right now)
KroArtem

Postby Auria » 03 Mar 2011, 17:19

Rudy, well, as you know our plan is to switch to the add-ons website. Xapantu doesn't have time to complete the website, but fortunately a couple people have offered to work on the add-ons website, so if everything goes well it might be available in not too long
Auria
STK Moderator