Questions about the Grand Prix', Challenges, Characters...

Questions about the Grand Prix', Challenges, Characters...

Postby Sebert » 22 Dec 2009, 18:11

I've won the "Penguin Playground", what do I have to do to play "To the Moon or back" etc.. ?
The whole concept of Grand Prix / Challengels and unlocking is somewhat fuzzy.
You cannot see in-game what you already have unlocked, what you have not unlocked yet, what to do to unlock
a certain feature etc.
Do the different characters also have different driving properties?

If someone could answer me those questions I won't mind adding that to the wiki.....
Sebert

Re: Questions about the Grand Prix', Challenges, Characters...

Postby hiker » 22 Dec 2009, 23:05

Sebert {l Wrote}:I've won the "Penguin Playground", what do I have to do to play "To the Moon or back" etc.. ?
The whole concept of Grand Prix / Challengels and unlocking is somewhat fuzzy.
You cannot see in-game what you already have unlocked, what you have not unlocked yet, what to do to unlock
a certain feature etc.

Things you have unlocked will just become part of the normal GUI (tracks will be added to the track list etc). To see what is still left to do select 'challenges' in the main menu - there will be a list of all challenges you can/should fulfill (note that there will be more challenges added to that list as you solve other challenges). There is indeed no visible clue as what to do to unlock a certain feature - it wouldn't be that useful, since for example to unlock the 'all tracks GP' you would have to win the 'At Worlds End' GP - but that GP might not be available to you yet, since some tracks are still locked bu other challenges etc. Just fulfill all challenges in that list will unlock everything there is to unlock.

Do the different characters also have different driving properties?

Yes and no ;) We haven't assigned different phsyics properties, but the different size of the karts affects the physics, so de-facto there are differences in the handling of the karts.

If someone could answer me those questions I won't mind adding that to the wiki.....

It would be great if you could add this to the wiki. Due to spam we had to lock the wiki, so please send me your wiki-id and I'll give you write permission.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Sebert » 25 Dec 2009, 21:14

Ok, thank you for the answers.
I think that it would be nice to see what actually is there to unlock, and what you have to do.

I'll add this stuff to the wiki, I'll also overhaul the german pages..
Wiki name is the same as the Forum name !

Merry Christmas :)
Sebert

Postby Auria » 26 Dec 2009, 17:14

Sebert {l Wrote}:I think that it would be nice to see what actually is there to unlock, and what you have to do.

Well, good news for you :) In 0.7, under the lock you will be able to see a small preview of what is to unlock

It would also be cool to get better feedback when clicking a lock icon, but I'm not sure how to handle dependencies in this case (e.g. you see a lock, that is locked by challenge C, which depends on challenge B, which depends on challenge A)
Auria
STK Moderator