"Random" bonus items

"Random" bonus items

Postby Crendgrim » 08 Oct 2010, 21:28

I don't know whether it's a bug or a feature which isn't implemented completely yet, but it seems to me that on some tracks you'll get certain bonuses more often than others / than on other tracks.
For example: On "Fort Magma" I'm getting in nearly 9 of 10 cases one of those ugly chewing gums and nothing else, while Ice Track or Tux Tollway are presenting many, many parachutes (especially to the AIs ;) )
This is a bit annoying: Fort Magma isn't very interesting (the AIs are always half a round behind me) while tracks like Tux Tollway are quite hard - everywhere these parachutes and anchors. Is this a kart racing or a kart stopping game? :P

Crendgrim
Crendgrim

Re: "Random" bonus items

Postby KroArtem » 08 Oct 2010, 22:01

vicy versa for me. I managed to win on Fort Magma only once, but I practically always win on Tux Tollway.
When you're riding the first, you don't need parachutes, that's why you've got chewing gums, when you're riding second\third\etc you need such things like anchor and parachutes. That's how I explain it for me :)
KroArtem

Postby Crendgrim » 09 Oct 2010, 09:08

But always these gums and nearly never a speed-up or just a muffin to throw away ...
Very hard to win is the Old Mine, because you'll nearly never get a speed-up or something funny like this.

Crend
Crendgrim

Postby hiker » 11 Oct 2010, 02:00

Hi,

items are given depending on ranks in the race, have a look at powerup.xml (best use the updates version in sv: http://supertuxkart.svn.sourceforge.net ... iew=markup).

Feel free to adjust those values and post your findings here. We are at this stage not entirely sure which is the right way to go. If a leader gets zippers, it's just too easy to stay ahead.

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby Crendgrim » 13 Oct 2010, 18:27

This sounds good. I'll do some test the next days. :)

Crend
Crendgrim