maybe some bugs on amazonia journey track

maybe some bugs on amazonia journey track

Postby modz » 06 Jul 2012, 19:31

hi,

i found some bugs on amazonia journey. i'm using svn version 11371.

first, the green zipper does not work
snapshot5.png
snapshot5.png (203.23 KiB) Viewed 10774 times

second, the finish line is too quickly
snapshot6.png
snapshot6.png (180.4 KiB) Viewed 10774 times
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming
RAM 8GB DDR3 dual-channel
VGA HIS Radeon R9 270X 2GB 256bit DDR5

### STK fans ###
modz

Re: maybe some bugs on amazonia journey track

Postby betharatux1 » 06 Jul 2012, 23:42

modz {l Wrote}:hi,

snapshot5.png

snapshot6.png

about zipper, you can check material.xml for texture are using zipper action/code
if that not work, pardon me :oops:

about the finish line, hm... let ask STK leader because Auria still absent, or i will try something :think:
"Just jumping and somersault on spring bed at mall, then great ideas come" Image
betharatux1

Postby modz » 07 Jul 2012, 01:33

betharatux1 {l Wrote}:
modz {l Wrote}:hi,

snapshot5.png

snapshot6.png

about zipper, you can check material.xml for texture are using zipper action/code
if that not work, pardon me :oops:

about the finish line, hm... let ask STK leader because Auria still absent, or i will try something :think:

what should i do with the material.xml file? the zipper that does not work only in that area.
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming

### STK fans ###
modz

Postby betharatux1 » 07 Jul 2012, 02:01

hm... source problem looks like must from blend. :|
just check it
Attachments
sorry.png
"Just jumping and somersault on spring bed at mall, then great ideas come" Image
betharatux1

Postby betharatux1 » 07 Jul 2012, 02:08

if you already got blend file, you can find point were problem come (zipper not work,at picture you posted number 1)
+ also you can try to solve problem about "finish quickly"
betharatux1

Postby ctdabomb » 07 Jul 2012, 02:56

modz {l Wrote}:i found some bugs on amazonia journey. i'm using svn version 11371.

is that the newest?
modz {l Wrote}:first, the green zipper does not work
snapshot5.png

that will be easily fixable by anyone. they just need to fix it in blender and re-export
modz {l Wrote}:second, the finish line is too quickly
snapshot6.png

can you clarify?
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby modz » 07 Jul 2012, 03:11

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:
modz {l Wrote}:i found some bugs on amazonia journey. i'm using svn version 11371.

is that the newest?
modz {l Wrote}:first, the green zipper does not work
snapshot5.png

that will be easily fixable by anyone. they just need to fix it in blender and re-export
modz {l Wrote}:second, the finish line is too quickly
snapshot6.png

can you clarify?

yes this is the latest version.

i don't know how to using blender to fix this problem, but i will try to learn :)

on this track after crossing the bridge will have two branches, if you use the right lane so the finish will be right in place, but if you use the left lane then the finish line will be faster according to the picture I sent, so we can finish first
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming

### STK fans ###
modz

Postby ctdabomb » 07 Jul 2012, 03:36

modz {l Wrote}:i don't know how to using blender to fix this problem, but i will try to learn :)

you can if you want to though Auria or Arthur or hiker etc... could quickly do it (not to discourage you though)
modz {l Wrote}:on this track after crossing the bridge will have two branches, if you use the right lane so the finish will be right in place, but if you use the left lane then the finish line will be faster according to the picture I sent, so we can finish first

so one path is shorter than the other?
Some people are like slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help smiling when you shove them down the stairs.
ctdabomb

Postby betharatux1 » 07 Jul 2012, 03:50

i test jungle on STK stable 0.7.3 but zipper can be used / worked (at snapshot5.png) ? :think: ?
furthermore i am realize not include my name at track.xml as modify last jungle, anyone can help ? (because it already commited) :shock:
qubodub, ctdabomb, arthur, STK leader, or Auria who still absent ??? (and this is use or not now ?) :?
Last edited by betharatux1 on 08 Jul 2012, 05:06, edited 1 time in total.
betharatux1

Postby modz » 07 Jul 2012, 05:14

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:
modz {l Wrote}:i don't know how to using blender to fix this problem, but i will try to learn :)

you can if you want to though Auria or Arthur or hiker etc... could quickly do it (not to discourage you though)
modz {l Wrote}:on this track after crossing the bridge will have two branches, if you use the right lane so the finish will be right in place, but if you use the left lane then the finish line will be faster according to the picture I sent, so we can finish first

so one path is shorter than the other?

yeah right, left path is shorter than right path.
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming

### STK fans ###
modz

Postby ctdabomb » 07 Jul 2012, 13:33

betharatux1 {l Wrote}:i test jungle on STK stable 0.7.3 but zipper can be used / worked (at snapshot5.png) ? :think: ?

is that set of zippers in .7.3?
betharatux1 {l Wrote}:furthermore i am realize not include my name at track.xml as modifer lasted jungle, anyone can help ? (because it already commited) :shock:

you mean that you want your name as an author of this track and it isn't?
betharatux1 {l Wrote}:qubodub, ctdabomb, arthur, STK leader, or Auria who still absent ??? (and this is use or not now ?) :?

qubodub is not an STK leader. he runs the forums and helps out with almost all the games. I am not a leader, just a perosn who makes tracks for addons but arthur(sorta), hiker and Auria(who is still away) are.
ctdabomb

Postby betharatux1 » 07 Jul 2012, 13:51

STK Leader is Joerg a.k.a hiker aren't ? if i not wrong. :|
furthermore on qubodub avatar, has write "global moderator",as moderatoring for this forum (all feature project, maybe) :|
btw i'm sorry make misunderstanding thing :lol:
betharatux1

Postby betharatux1 » 07 Jul 2012, 14:07

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:you mean that you want your name as an author of this track and it isn't?

yes, but only as "modified" (example : Marianne Gagnon, last modified by betharatux1) maybe like that . :lol:
betharatux1

Postby hiker » 09 Jul 2012, 00:47

This should only cause some 'incorrect' (*grin* it's difficult to say what's correct when comparing two karts on ways with different length) displays in the order of karts to the left of the screen, which will fix itself once all karts reach the 'main' track again. It should not cause a problem with triggering a new lap (and therefore a race end) too early. So, what exactly is the problem - that the order is sometimes incorrect if you have karts driving on the shortcut and normal path, or that the lap is triggered too early when driving on the shortcut?

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby modz » 13 Jul 2012, 17:17

hiker {l Wrote}:

This should only cause some 'incorrect' (*grin* it's difficult to say what's correct when comparing two karts on ways with different length) displays in the order of karts to the left of the screen, which will fix itself once all karts reach the 'main' track again. It should not cause a problem with triggering a new lap (and therefore a race end) too early. So, what exactly is the problem - that the order is sometimes incorrect if you have karts driving on the shortcut and normal path, or that the lap is triggered too early when driving on the shortcut?

Cheers,
Joerg

hmm...
where the shortcuts and where the normal path? whether, as pictured below?
jungle.png
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming

### STK fans ###
modz

Postby hiker » 16 Jul 2012, 00:29

modz {l Wrote}:where the shortcuts and where the normal path? whether, as pictured below?
jungle.png

Doesn't matter - as long as you have two paths that don't have the same length it's more or less unavoidable to get an inconsistency (esp. if one path might branch even further): the race position depends on how far you have traveled (from the start line). So all is fine when you are on a longer path till you merge back to the main branch - then suddenly the distance you have traveled (which is based on where you are on the track) becomes shorter than it was before, and your position might suddenly become worse. If you are on a shorter path similarly on merging back your position might suddenly improve.

Potentially we could 'seamlessly' scale the distance - so if you are on a path that is 10% longer, your distance from start would be multiplied with 1/1.1. While this would somewhat improve the jump in position when merging, the problem is that you can't determine this factor if the path later branches again - one with an overall length that is shorter, and one that is longer.

So, back to the original question: is there just a jump in the position of the karts, or is the lap counting incorrect?

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby ctdabomb » 16 Jul 2012, 01:16

a way you could fix the length problem is to just add zippers to the longer part and/or lots of bananas on the other.
ctdabomb

Postby hiker » 16 Jul 2012, 11:50

ctdabomb {l Wrote}:a way you could fix the length problem is to just add zippers to the longer part and/or lots of bananas on the other.

That balancing is of course the whole idea of shortcuts - balancing risk with reward. But it got nothing to do with the actual length (and therefore the fact that a kart's position can change immediately when merging).

Cheers,
Joerg
hiker

Postby modz » 16 Jul 2012, 13:03

the lap counting incorrect
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming

### STK fans ###
modz

Postby Auria » 18 Jul 2012, 01:36

sorry for the delay, I just fixed the zippers problem in SVN. I can reproduce the problem that the lapline is triggerred too soon, however I cannot reproduce a lap counting problem
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby hiker » 18 Jul 2012, 02:12

The lap triggering too early is fixed in r 11401.

Thanks for the report!
Joerg
hiker

Postby modz » 18 Jul 2012, 15:50

thanks for the response. :D
AMD Vishera FX-8350
MSI 970-Gaming

### STK fans ###
modz

Postby Ludsky » 04 Oct 2012, 12:22

Bug Amazonia, texture Lost ... ?
Attachments
VEAmazonia.PNG
Ludsky

Postby Auria » 04 Oct 2012, 22:44

Ludsky, which version of STK are you using? I can't reproduce this issue
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby Ludsky » 05 Oct 2012, 09:48

Auria {l Wrote}:Ludsky, which version of STK are you using? I can't reproduce this issue

The last version of STK.

When i have linux : I have this bug.
Now, i Have Windows (I have change my cumputer) : Same, i have this bug, i don't understand ?

(sorry, my english is medium :s)
Ludsky