Question about Arenas (User)

Question about Arenas (User)

Postby tstrike » 18 Dec 2011, 01:48

Since I am starving for more tracks, is there any way I can play the arenas as a single player?

One more question, on the Dishes track a lot of the textures seems to be gone or marked with "illegal texture" or something like that.... Is that still a good track?

Thanks in advance everyone and thank you for your hard work! This is one extremely fun and addictive game.
tstrike

Re: Question about Arenas (User)

Postby Arthur » 18 Dec 2011, 02:13

Welcome to the forums! :)

As for question 1, there is a way, but you would probably not like it. If you enable artist debug mode in the config file, you can play arenas in single player mode, but you won't get any other players or AI. We hope to eventually get AI for 3 Strikes Battle, but it isn't highly prioritized and therefore it could take a while before that happens. (I am not one of the programmers so it may happen sooner than expected, but in general they have set up other goals for the upcoming 0.8 release. Thus, 0.8.1 or 0.8.2 should be more likely candidates to see this feature implemented.)

Regarding the Dishes arena: it's been updated with textures for most of the stuff if not all I think. The warning "bad-texture" is because one or more textures in this arena are not power-of-two (e.g. 256x256 or 512x512), and some video cards/drivers might have trouble displaying them. Most cards/drivers seem to tackle it well, so in general it's nothing to get scared of. But for those that's affected by this issue, they can choose to avoid such tracks.
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby tstrike » 18 Dec 2011, 02:20

Hey Arthur thanks.... When I get bandwidth I might take on making tracks... I love the pure mechanics of this game .. its truly fun....

My only beef is those accursed Rubber Balls... I thought any projectile goodie can actually stop the Rubber Balls as they come up on your 6 O'Clock... At least on my version they seem to be immune.

Thank you for the responses.... I play the game at expert level its just that I have ran out of stuff todo...
tstrike

Postby Arthur » 18 Dec 2011, 02:33

We'd love to get more track makers, so please do. ;)
The rubber balls (or bouncers, as I like to call 'em) should be possible to shoot at least with bowling balls. I have done so myself on some occasions. The cakes don't aim for the ball yet, but I have proposed that they could do, so you have some easier means to kill them off. Another hint is that you can often avoid them hitting you by not driving in the middle of the road.

I am in the same boat: I don't do much for the project itself, but I've played this game for years and I love it and its community, and I try to keep up with development and come with constructive feedback as my way of contributing back. :)
There are a couple students working on AI at the moment, so hopefully we'll get smarter AI sometime (dunno how far they've come). So I am positive that we'll continue to see very interesting development to continue raising STK to its true potential. :D
Hey pal, I took an oath for justice! "In happy days or tightest tights..." or something like that.
Arthur

Postby asciimonster » 18 Dec 2011, 14:18

tstrike {l Wrote}:One more question, on the Dishes track a lot of the textures seems to be gone or marked with "illegal texture" or something like that.... Is that still a good track?

Yes. I used a lot of textures which had licences which were incompatible with STK, and I had remove them. :oops:
I worked on replacing these textures. An updated track is now available from stkaddons.net. :) (Just press the reload button in the add-on section of the game and select the update)
asciimonster

Postby tstrike » 19 Dec 2011, 06:25

Thanks for the update.
tstrike