Some forum tweaks?

Some forum tweaks?

Postby qubodup » 07 Mar 2010, 19:02

Hello,

I was just looking at the hosted projects forum and noticed the difference between STK and Syntensity. Would you like to..
1. Have a list of sub-forum's topics in the STK category? ( viewforum.php?f=16 vs viewforum.php?f=26&start=0
2. Have a link to STK homepage in the STK category? (See links above)
3. Have a link to STK homepage above all threads in both forums? ( viewforum.php?f=17 vs viewforum.php?f=27 )
Did I miss anything? :)
qubodup
Global Moderator

Re: Some forum tweaks?

Postby asciimonster » 07 Mar 2010, 21:18

What I would like is the forum login screen, instead of taking me to the forum root, take me to my last visited page...

It's so annoying to have to use my bookmark twice...
asciimonster

Postby qubodup » 07 Mar 2010, 22:56

asciimonster {l Wrote}:What I would like is the forum login screen, instead of taking me to the forum root, take me to my last visited page...

It's so annoying to have to use my bookmark twice...

I don't have that problem because I browse index first and also use cookies, but I see that this is annoying for others. I can't make promises that we will fix this, as this appears to require changing code rather than theme. Perhaps I'll just ask for this as a feature request in phpbb, if I figure out how they want me to do this.
qubodup
Global Moderator

Postby Auria » 08 Mar 2010, 00:00

regarding 1), I have no problem with clicking on subforums; actually I found the Syntensity page you posted a little confusing ;)
A link to STK homepage in STK subsection could be cool, even though not very necessary; not sure about all sections, people here will most likely already know where STK's homepage is, and having that header at all times might get annoying
Auria
STK Moderator

Postby qubodup » 08 Mar 2010, 00:29

Auria {l Wrote}:A link to STK homepage in STK subsection could be cool, even though not very necessary; not sure about all sections, people here will most likely already know where STK's homepage is, and having that header at all times might get annoying

There is also one link in the text next to the joystick/cogwheel logo :)
qubodup
Global Moderator