Checklines in tracks

Checklines in tracks

Postby kimden » 08 Mar 2024, 20:08

Out of curiosity and to waste time, and also to adjust my event rankings with regards to that, I looked at checklines at all or almost all tracks, what I found is here.

If your track is on the list of major exploits or has at most one checkline, I would appreciate if you fix that yourself (if you want of course), so that the track cannot be exploited like this (in case of one checkline), or in another way. Thanks.

I'll copy some recommendations from there so that more people read them.

Please put checklines in such a way that it is impossible to avoid them. Or almost impossible. Don't rely on "players will go along the road anyway". They can be pushed out, they can jump, they can do whatever they want. Don't make people do one more lap only because someone pushed you out. One checkline is never enough. Two checklines can be exploited if you put them in a risky way.

At the same time, don't make checklines too wide, as they can be also crossed offroad. Best way is to put a visual indicator, or, even better, a physical object that would prevent players on the road from skipping the checkline, while the checkline wouldn't go out of that object from the other side.

Make sure checklines are high enough, duplicate and move them up by 4 units if needed. Make sure players cannot manipulate the driveline to rescue to a good spot, like in Milky Five Speedway.

Don't make the track too annoying by making offroad slowing you down by 90%, putting invisible walls everywhere and similar things.
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things.
my page, my STK fork, my youtube channel
kimden