A few suggestions for 2.0

A few suggestions for 2.0

Postby fracture » 27 Jan 2024, 18:50

Just a few things I'd like to see in 2.0 besides new tracks:
1. The soccer fields should be separate from the race tracks in the addons repository.
2. All of the arenas, or as many as possible, should be available in singleplayer. I don't know how hard this would be to do.
3. Follow the Leader should be replaced with a standard player elimination mode. Having to stop because the leader kart keeps crashing can be very annoying and ruin the gameplay experience.
4. This will be controversial and I probably suggested it before, but I think 2.0 shouldn't have a story mode but a challenge/objective mode that STK used to have.

Thoughts?
fracture

Re: A few suggestions for 2.0

Postby Alayan » 27 Jan 2024, 22:12

fracture {l Wrote}:Just a few things I'd like to see in 2.0 besides new tracks:
1. The soccer fields should be separate from the race tracks in the addons repository.

Yes, I agree.

There is the theoretical possibility to have something that's two things at once, but even if allowed it should be handled behind the scenes, not have both types of maps mixed.

fracture {l Wrote}:2. All of the arenas, or as many as possible, should be available in singleplayer. I don't know how hard this would be to do.

What kind of arenas are unavailable ?

fracture {l Wrote}:3. Follow the Leader should be replaced with a standard player elimination mode. Having to stop because the leader kart keeps crashing can be very annoying and ruin the gameplay experience.

The entire elimination concept is flawed in my opinion because if you have multiple players, some may have to sit for a long while waiting for the others to finish, and it hits the players that are already performing worse (if you won and have to wait a bit for others to arrive, it's not as annoying).

I have a replacement concept - race by points with supercharged powerups -, but it's not implemented yet.
Alayan
STK Moderator

Re: A few suggestions for 2.0

Postby fracture » 28 Jan 2024, 17:16

Alayan {l Wrote}:
fracture {l Wrote}:Just a few things I'd like to see in 2.0 besides new tracks:
What kind of arenas are unavailable ?

I'm not sure if this got fixed but I remember downloading some addon arenas a few years ago and only one of them showed up in singleplayer. I think Mall and STK Mercury were two of the addons that didn't show up and were unavailable except in multiplayer.
fracture