STK server and saving highscore data

STK server and saving highscore data

Postby madboxx » 13 Apr 2023, 19:37

Hi guys,

Noticed there was some activity on this forum. I got quite the questions for you.

Me and some friends are currently in a school project and are building a STK cloud server (digital ocean). The game runs perfect and everyone can connect but we cant find a way to save the data from races that have ended.

We followed this guide to setup the game on the server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OigpBy7tJHQ

Furthermore we have tried to setup sqlite3 and a database for the database without any luck following this guide on github: https://github.com/supertuxkart/stk-cod ... WORKING.md

We can see on other servers that they have managed to do a good job with data from the races. The following html site is ideal in the amount and way they collect the data.

https://stk.kimden.online/records/abyss_n_n_1.html

Hope you can help.
madboxx

Re: STK server and saving highscore data

Postby kimden » 14 Apr 2023, 18:28

Hi,

It would be easier for us to help if you specify the step in NETWORKING.md that fails for you.

But it's also worth noting that NETWORKING.md creates a database that stores who joined your server, for how much time, their ip address, etc. To add data like race results, battle scores, etc, you need to either change the STK code yourself, or use someone else's changes. That's exactly how the last mentioned link works, I added some code and then process the database separately to produce the web page.

If you happen to use my code at some point like several other people do (like stk.iluvatyr.com), I guess you would need to create a few more tables in your database first. You may also need -DUSE_RECORDS_V2=ON if you are using the latest (unstable) branch command-manager-prototype to enable even more game results data. Anyway, in that case you can just ask me somewhere (including irc, matrix, discord, ...)

On a side note, thanks for praising the page but it's actually quite outdated: both in style (it's been several years and it wasn't designed for the amount of data it stores since then), and in the fact that due to maintenance, it doesn't show records for a few last weeks now. I hope to fix both issues soon.
I make servers, addons, online events, and many others things.
my page, my STK fork, my youtube channel
kimden

Re: STK server and saving highscore data

Postby madboxx » 15 Apr 2023, 15:06

Hi Kimden,

Thanks for your response. We're pretty sure that our problem lies with compiling with sqlite support. We've created the necessary tables on no data in written in to them.

We will be working on the project again tomorrow and will look to maybe using some of your configurations.

First thing though, is compiling with sqlite support.
madboxx