Multiplayer bug

Multiplayer bug

Postby PigInShinyArmor » 07 Feb 2023, 00:41

My sister is unable to play multiplayer tux kart for some reason. Singleplayer works fine for her. If I did it properly, there should be a screenshot attached. It is an image of what her screen looks like when she 'joins' a multiplayer lobby. She doesn't actually join the lobby, however. It just appears that she has to her. We made sure she had an internet connection and online turned on. We tried restarting the computer and reinstalling the game. Any ideas?
Attachments
Screenshot_1(1).jpg
The screen when attempting to join multiplayer
PigInShinyArmor

Re: Multiplayer bug

Postby tempAnon093 » 08 Feb 2023, 06:10

Is this split-screen or LAN online? I don't use either as I only use one controller, but since you said she was trying to join a lobby, I'm guessing this is Online->Local Networking (looking for local games on your own network e.g. LAN), as opposed to Global Networking (looking for games on the internet) or Split-screen Multiplayer (multiple controllers on one computer). In that screenshot, it's asking for everyone to press the select key on their controller (Space bar on a keyboard, select on other controllers). Keep in mind this isn't the popular Internet global online multiplayer mode, so I'm assuming you created a local server and she joined it.
aka. GumballForAPenny
tempAnon093

Postby PigInShinyArmor » 09 Feb 2023, 02:56

tempAnon093 {l Wrote}:Is this split-screen or LAN online? I don't use either as I only use one controller, but since you said she was trying to join a lobby, I'm guessing this is Online->Local Networking (looking for local games on your own network e.g. LAN), as opposed to Global Networking (looking for games on the internet) or Split-screen Multiplayer (multiple controllers on one computer). In that screenshot, it's asking for everyone to press the select key on their controller (Space bar on a keyboard, select on other controllers). Keep in mind this isn't the popular Internet global online multiplayer mode, so I'm assuming you created a local server and she joined it.

This was actually Global Networking
PigInShinyArmor

Postby benau » 09 Feb 2023, 18:32

Untick the "Enable splitscreen or player handicaps" checkbox in networking menu
benau
STK Moderator