Miami events on July 3rd and 4th

Miami events on July 3rd and 4th

Postby fodoman » 21 Jun 2021, 01:30

Hello.

I noticed many of you wish for special events every weekend.

As such, I decided to host something special on July 3rd and 4th ^^.

There is still a lot of time for the date to arrive. As such, we could discuss a lot on what type of events you desire.

Some ideas that ran across our minds:
CTF tourney
Team Battle (FFA with teams)
Another Standard Tracks GP
Another Addon Tracks GP

I would love to have your opinions on this matter.

I was even thinking of hosting something different on Saturday and on Sunday, like this:

2nd Standard Tracks GP on July 3rd (except Black Forest and Cocoa Temple). Please feel free to come by.

2nd Add-On Tracks GP on July 4th. Type /register [message] to enrol. Vote up to ten addon tracks on your message. The ten most voted will be required to join and only voted tracks will be available.

I understand there had been some issues with our addon tracks GP today, but I think it would work much better with this setup. So, what do you think?
fodoman

Re: Miami events on July 3rd and 4th

Postby Nickerson Romero » 21 Jun 2021, 13:52

finally my ping is lower
Nickerson Romero

Re: Miami events on July 3rd and 4th

Postby FabianF » 21 Jun 2021, 14:39

CTF tourney - cool, several people planned to do such thing in the past already, but it never actually happened. I definitely would join. I also would like to have some more detailed information about how it is planned to work.
Team battle - how does it work?
I personally am not interested in GPs unless maybe they're Team GPs. Requiring addons is a stupid idea imo as new people try to join but aren't able to do so and then don't know why -> not many players -> not much fun

Besides, most Europeans will only join at times before 21 UTC, so please if you want your events to reach Europeans as well, choose a time like 18 or 19 UTC.
FabianF